lowering kit and tire hugger ! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
lowering kit and tire hugger !

Hello All
I just bought a 2010 Versys and I was recommended the Moto work lowering kit http://shop.motowerk.com/WR-Lowering...V-LK-WR-R2.htm, but also I'm thinking to add a rear tire hugger , do you know which one fits the best of all the makers, and which ones can we bought or shipped to Canada
thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I just put a lowering kit on and i have an PowerBronze Hugger had to cut 1 section but it was simple. The PowerBronze is an easy install and looks good. I'll post a photo when i get back in.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 03-18-2013 at 05:04 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

right on man , thanks

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 01:08 PM

Garage
This is with the non-abs lowering kit...

IMG_2412 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_2413 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_2414 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_2415 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Nice!! so that's the non abs kit , I wonder what is the difference with the wr abs one?, on their site they say that the wr is for tire huggers .
Looks great and solid , did you have to cut a piece out or it fitted as it was?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 02:38 PM

Garage
I was at Moto Werks and we decided just to use the non-abs model. The last photo you can see where we cut the hugger just to the right side of the bolt all the way across.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 04:18 PM

Garage
Joe, why did you decide to lower you bike?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 05:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikej View Post
Joe, why did you decide to lower you bike?
To make it more comfortable. I'm 6'2" 33 inseam so the bike being too tall was not an issue. I messed up my hip the year before i bought the Versy so getting a leg over was a real pain. At first i had to stand on the peg to do it but as the hip got better it became easier. Then i got hit by a car and injured that knee so on long rides or when the weather is cool the hip and knee stiffening up would make it a pain again to get the leg over. Now with the lowering kit its a breeze and actually put my soft saddle bags on and still no problem. I do have the lowering blocks on my pegs still. Rode some twisties last week and no issues.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode