• 2 Post By Wrench222
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 2 Post By SteveJ
  • 3 Post By TowerMan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Four Must Have Mods For your 2015-2020 650LT

I raced Motocross for 10 years so I always modded my bikes no matter if its on or off road. If you want your bike to scream here you go. The first three mods are for Fueling and Exhaust, Dobeck EJK Controller (MFG P/N 8120169), Complete Full LeoVince Exhaust System (8579) with insert removed and a (PLE-404) Smart Moto PAIR/AIS Eliminator kit with Block Off plate. After installing all, I only had to richen the (Yellow) Mid Range on the controller from a 3 to a 4 and now it is an ANIMAL!!! The last thing you will need is a great set of Rubber. I run the Pirelli Angel GT's which have knee dragging stick almost like my Ninja's Pirelli Diablo Rosso's!!! I also have a video on YouTube about the PAIR VALVE removal, which is very important to do, so you get a correct AIR/FUEL mixture while tuning and thereafter. I like the Dobeck controller better than the Dynojet PCFC Fuel Controller which is on my Ninja because you have push buttons to adjust on the Dobeck rather than a tiny Phillips screwdriver in a tiny hole on the Dynojet. Ride On!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-27-2018.jpg (66.7 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 10-19-2018 (2).jpg (46.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 10-9-2018.jpg (9.5 KB, 64 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Personally I do NOT want my bike to be loud (or louder), so good luck enjoying your mods....
james75 likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench222 View Post
I raced Motocross for 10 years so I always modded my bikes no matter if its on or off road. If you want your bike to scream here you go. The first three mods are for Fueling and Exhaust, Dobeck EJK Controller (MFG P/N 8120169), Complete Full LeoVince Exhaust System (8579) with insert removed and a (PLE-404) Smart Moto PAIR/AIS Eliminator kit with Block Off plate. After installing all, I only had to richen the (Yellow) Mid Range on the controller from a 3 to a 4 and now it is an ANIMAL!!! The last thing you will need is a great set of Rubber. I run the Pirelli Angel GT's which have knee dragging stick almost like my Ninja's Pirelli Diablo Rosso's!!! I also have a video on YouTube about the PAIR VALVE removal, which is very important to do, so you get a correct AIR/FUEL mixture while tuning and thereafter. I like the Dobeck controller better than the Dynojet PCFC Fuel Controller which is on my Ninja because you have push buttons to adjust on the Dobeck rather than a tiny Phillips screwdriver in a tiny hole on the Dynojet. Ride On!
Did you happen to do Dyno comps? Or is the info available somewhere? More about curiosity as I already have the Shoodaben flash and I don't like loud exhaust.

BTW, yours and my list are different. My top four are:

After market seat(Have a Seat Concepts, soon to be replaced by a Terry Adcox)
Shoodaben flash.
Real cruise control(I have the Rostra)
Windshield(I use a Madstad with an extra spoiler)

And one more:

Polaris regulator.

I did add up the mods and listed them somewhere on a thread on this forum. The total number is quite up there. I do a lot of touring on it, averaging almost 20k miles per year.
quexpress and jaaklucas like this.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?

Last edited by SteveJ; 02-16-2020 at 08:44 AM. Reason: feex speeling airor

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You don't need just power to go fast unless you just ride on a drag strip
In Scotland we have lots of corners, so 4 good mods to start off with are:

1. Good grippy Sport/Touring Tyres.
2. Better brake pads - e.g. EBC HH.
3. Replacement / better rear Shock - e.g. - Wilbers 640 Road.
4. Upgraded front forks and drop the yokes down by 10mm to sharpen up the steering.
weljo2001, AMA213 and quexpress like this.

at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode