Booster Plug, yes! (BP collective findings) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Welcome, Mark Arnold. Visited 10-08-2019 at 10:57 PM Your Notifications 3 Subscriptions
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Prime Minister John
  • 1 Post By Prime Minister John

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Prime Minister John

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thumbs up Booster Plug, yes! (BP collective findings)

Hello
Lets make this people who have BosterPlugs share their thoughts.

I bought BoosterPlug, and here here is my Findings...

-Yes! worth the money!
Why`? i noticed the difference after few minutes of riding...Firstly, first gear is not Grumpy grandpa that cannot decide what to order..instead, the 1,2,3 and all the gear on all the RPMs are now
Nicely smoooth. you will know what smooth means instantly after you install BP!

Basically, Throttle pick up, And drop is smoother, None of that GO, STOP, GO GO GO STOP STOP STOP....thing..more linear curve id say. you can add 10/20/30 more throttle and it will just increase speed,
Unlike before it was ON/OFF throttle. you either accelerate, Or Deaccelerate. now you have smooth curve. No jerkiness

TL;DR i cant explain but i see,smell and feel the difference. i can do 25km/h at 2nd gear smoothly. it does Not do that ON OFF thing where it injects fuel,then not and then injects fuel.....it just works properly now.

Difference is small,No, wrong choice of words, its Subtle! (but so Necessary, BP is Needed for better riding,i find)
I took BP off, to see what i will see, DAYUM! how did i ride the bike before? instanly installed BP back...

SO....when throttle works good, no complaints. You just ride, and not notice anything bad.
When throttle is jerky, you know about it and Dislike it...Luckily for us, BP works.
Easy install. You will figure it out easily.

Worth 150 coins ? For me, Yes! (Try to Race on a track with out BP, Or ride twisties with out BP, youll see difference) Throttle accuracy is now better! as if more steps, rather than on 10%/30% 70% and 100%
now its like 10%- - - - - - 100% all in between. more Gradual.

Last edited by Prime Minister John; 09-13-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Prime Minister John is offline Report Post  
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Buffalo_Bob

I don't have a Booster Plug, but myself and many others on our forum have gone the route of having their ECU's flashed with remarkable results. There is an extensive thread about ECU Flashing which also talks about the merits of Booster Plugs VS ECU flashing and many glowing results here:

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...-complete.html
Buffalo_Bob is offline Report Post  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 08:47 PM
quexpress

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Minister John View Post
Hello
Lets make this people who have BosterPlugs share their thoughts.

I bought BoosterPlug, and here here is my Findings...

-Yes! worth the money!
Why`? i noticed the difference after few minutes of riding...Firstly, first gear is not Grumpy grandpa that cannot decide what to order..instead, the 1,2,3 and all the gear on all the RPMs are now
Nicely smoooth. you will know what smooth means instantly after you install BP!

Basically, Throttle pick up, And drop is smoother, None of that GO, STOP, GO GO GO STOP STOP STOP....thing..more linear curve id say. you can add 10/20/30 more throttle and it will just increase speed,
Unlike before it was ON/OFF throttle. you either accelerate, Or Deaccelerate. now you have smooth curve. No jerkiness

TL;DR i cant explain but i see,smell and feel the difference. i can do 25km/h at 2nd gear smoothly. it does Not do that ON OFF thing where it injects fuel,then not and then injects fuel.....it just works properly now.

Difference is small,No, wrong choice of words, its Subtle! (but so Necessary, BP is Needed for better riding,i find)
I took BP off, to see what i will see, DAYUM! how did i ride the bike before? instanly installed BP back...

SO....when throttle works good, no complaints. You just ride, and not notice anything bad.
When throttle is jerky, you know about it and Dislike it...Luckily for us, BP works.
Easy install. You will figure it out easily.

Worth 150 coins ? For me, Yes! (Try to Race on a track with out BP, Or ride twisties with out BP, youll see difference) Throttle accuracy is now better! as if more steps, rather than on 10%/30% 70% and 100%
now its like 10%- - - - - - 100% all in between. more Gradual.
I had been using the BoosterPlug for over 2 seasons and was very happy with it.
FYI: I don't know of anyone else here that has tried the Boosterplug on their Versys.

However when the ECU flash became available in USA, curiosity got the best of me. I broke down and had the ECU flashed.

Am I happy with the ECU flash? Absolutely!

However the change from stock ECU with Boosterplug to the flashed ECU is not as apparent as the change from stock ECU to flashed ECU or from stock ECU to ECU with Boosterplug.

With my experience of both, I look at it this way on a scale of 1 to 10:

Let’s say the flash is a 10 (nothing is a 10 … just to permit comparing), I would think that stock OEM ECU could be a 4 or a 6 … and the Boosterplug would be at least an 8.5.

The money that you have paid for the Boosterplug is well worth it. It's not just for the sensor. It's for the whole package. If the ECU flash had not become available, I would still be using the Boosterplug on my Versys.

Just my Canuck 2 cents.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
quexpress is offline Report Post  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Prime Minister John

Interesting...So not many here have tried BP... Interesting indeed.

ECU flash... Better way to solve the problem for sure.

BP is great way just to have better experience as you said quex, without getting too much into nitty gritty details, "Booster Plug...Just plug and play..." simple,quick,easy. Great!
ECU Flash... i imagine its perfection, but may take more hassle,though it is worth it.

You said it perfectly about ECU vs BP.

Allrighty.
onewizard and quexpress like this.

Last edited by Prime Minister John; 09-14-2019 at 05:32 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 03:17 AM
robertb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm glad that I found this topic.
I've just bought a 2010 Versys 650cc with 6800 km on the clock and after few kilometers on it I thought I had problems with it at low speed:
I can't do 25-35 km/h smoothly. it does do that ON OFF thing where it injects fuel,then not and then injects fuel. When I accelerate it doesn't feel anything wrong.

@Prime Minister John what is the model of your bike ? Are there any changes in the fuel consumption ?

Enjoy your rides and bikes.
robertb is offline Report Post  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 09:38 AM
onewizard
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
onewizard is offline Report Post  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Prime Minister John

Hello there @Robertb, I just say this, YES, worthy investment. i can ride on 2nd gear at lest than 20kh/m not stalling, Amazing. (ill post a video perhaps?)

I have the 2007 made Versys 650,the MK1 first generation with Cyclop headlamp.
Difference is something you will notice,Yes. And also Feel. In my case, The BP made the low speed riding effortless. Second gear at low speed? just keep going, bike wont stall, it struggles if you 2nd gear and 1500rmp...BUT, It manages not to shake my nuts off
at that RPM and gear, anymore, Thats good!

Yes yes, Worthy. You will never know if you dont try it. Im happy i got BP instead of louder exhaust...
Do it, Pull the trigger, Try the BP if you feel like low RPM are jerky, soon to stall, And uncomfortable. it fixed it for me. (Andy Man Cam, Liked it too)

Yees.

EDIT: it was actually not 2nd gear.. Even better, On 3rd gear at 25 KHM about 1500RPM i was riding to turn on 3rd gear...and it just pulled
as i just saw on video dash cam thingy. Fairly impressive, That was not possible before.
robertb likes this.

Last edited by Prime Minister John; 09-17-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Tags
None

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode