• 1 Post By Gerharz14
  • 2 Post By sedro tom
  • 1 Post By jaaklucas
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 2 Post By jaaklucas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Highway Pegs-Life changing

I now have about 700 miles in with motowerks highway pegs installed.... they are life changing. Extremely easy install and make the world of a difference on even a short ride. The best part is when they are folded you can barely notice they are there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 96A8BB6D-686F-4561-872F-A13B3F7B5D23_1564247856227.jpg (15.4 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg CD1F13D5-5CA6-42C7-AF87-54460565DCC2_1564247899498.jpg (14.4 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DE5D9299-B25D-4FC5-A8F3-6E3AD983CF04_1564247942417.jpg (17.0 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg DCA00E12-66F6-4317-A8CC-487DEFA6E1F6_1564247981788.jpg (15.8 KB, 78 views)
quexpress likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 02:31 PM

Think Iím going to get some, 1000 mile trip soon.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 08:49 PM

Garage
I had a pair on the SW Motech engine guards. Only used them to stretch every now and then since they dont really work with the sporty ergos of the gen 2 bikes.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 04:42 AM

the only 2 problems I found with them are:

a) somewhat too close to bike. To have both legs straight, you squeeze the seat. Either leg straight requires touching the engine. Side pressure on knee, hot, leg tends to fall outwards so you can't totally relax unless you put the ankle over the peg and let the knee fall outward. The pegs also go out straight, this means away from perpendicular with the leg, i.e. the boot slides out with bumps.

The solution would probably be to bend them out 5-10 degrees at the top.

b) the adjustment (shear) pin breaks easily (fortunately) but it's annoying to repair at every fall. I made a bag of spare pins but the design could be smarter and capable of folding and returning. In fact, I wish they were just simply a pull-out-to-adjust type of thing, I would move them completely out of the way (120 degrees up or back) while dirt riding.

Last edited by dddd; 07-28-2019 at 10:39 AM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 10:15 AM

Garage
Iíve got the same highway pegs on my V1000 and I also love them. Just make sure to check tightness of all bolts on occasion. I was in the middle of a multi-day ride at the beginning of the week and while stopped for gas I noticed that one peg had loosened up, rotated 180 degrees, and was hanging straight down. Also one of the hex nuts at the end of the Rivco peg had loosened up a bit and the peg was starting to rotate. Make sure youíve got thread locker on all bolts, which I neglected to do originally. Iím heading home tomorrow, about 900 miles, so hopefully everything will stay snug.

stand up tall, pretend youíre strong, in the hope that you can be
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 10:45 AM

Garage
Home made highway pegs...

I really like the additional option of foot positions. I made these with square stock, U bolts, and
harley pegs from a swap meet. Mounted on SW motec crash bars. Also a way to remove the front
tire.

The pegs can be moved in or out with the boot. Work great.
leftbrain99 and rsherman like this.

Ride while you can
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modene View Post
Think Iím going to get some, 1000 mile trip soon.
They are so nice due to the fact that you can change your riding position and stretch out your legs. You can rotate the peg up to 90 different positions is what they say on their website making it nice for all heights. I am 6'1 and love being able to stretch out.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 11:49 AM

Love the Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs with Motowerk peg mounts on my 2015 V650! Makes all the difference for me on long day rides, gives your rear end some variety in seating position. I tried a couple of inexpensive ones first,ended up at Rivco. They do cut down on vibration. Gamechanger for me,ride all day now. I have SWMoteck engine guards and I found a way to secure them without the clamps via a post on this site by Quexpress,very clean solution. In my install,I found the Rivco pegs a little long so I cut off 5/8 of an inch off the base of the pegs...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Motowerk mounts with Rivco pegs..jpg (64.0 KB, 21 views)
Gerharz14 likes this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaklucas View Post
Love the Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs with Motowerk peg mounts on my 2015 V650!....
Did they come chromed?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 03:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Did they come chromed?
They come in black or chrome...I've had both....

Versys 1000 Moto Werk's Goodies by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0175 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Did they come chromed?
The highway peg mounts are alloy under the paint,wont rust. The engine guards I got chromed.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Highway Pegs / Ride All Day

Quote:
Love the Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs with Motowerk peg mounts on my 2015 V650! Makes all the difference for me on long day rides, gives your rear end some variety in seating position. I tried a couple of inexpensive ones first,ended up at Rivco. They do cut down on vibration. Gamechanger for me,ride all day now. I have SWMoteck engine guards and I found a way to secure them without the clamps via a post on this site by Quexpress,very clean solution. In my install,I found the Rivco pegs a little long so I cut off 5/8 of an inch off the base of the pegs...
Yes I found that with my modded seat I can use the highway pegs to push myself against the pillion seat, taking pressure off those areas that some used the seat raising method to solve. I ride with 80% or more using the highway pegs, with the new flash on the ECU it is probably closer to 90% now, as no need to downshift entering 60 KM/HR zones.
jaaklucas likes this.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 01:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedro tom View Post
I really like the additional option of foot positions. I made these with square stock, U bolts, and
harley pegs from a swap meet. Mounted on SW motec crash bars. Also a way to remove the front
tire.

The pegs can be moved in or out with the boot. Work great.
I like this setup and it looks like you can in fact easily move the pegs in and out while seated on the bike. My concern, though is that the nearly horizontal pivot orientation does not protect them from damage in a tip over or fall. Any thoughts from your perspective?
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 03:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftbrain99 View Post
I like this setup and it looks like you can in fact easily move the pegs in and out while seated on the bike. My concern, though is that the nearly horizontal pivot orientation does not protect them from damage in a tip over or fall. Any thoughts from your perspective?
When they are folded in they become part of the crash bar.When out and the bike falls over there is a chance that they could support it.
If not they could slow down the impact. In any event they are fairly inexpensive to replace.

Ride while you can
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...The engine guards I got chromed.
The engine guards in chrome were why I asked....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM

Cool

Quote:
The engine guards in chrome were why I asked....
I got them chromed by my local chrome guy last winter. All black bike,I was looking for some variety. A plus is they glint in the sunlight or headlight from any angle, Like to be seen!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kawi 2019 (3).jpg (92.7 KB, 7 views)
onewizard and quexpress like this.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

I see you ALSO polished your rims (or did your chrome-guy do that?).

NICE!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old Today, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I see you ALSO polished your rims (or did your chrome-guy do that?).

NICE!
Alloy wheels underneath the paint. I havent tried any fancy mag wheel polish,just clean them like normal. SOS pad works good but not on paint. Used aircraft paint stripper and masking tape following a guy that posted how to do. Although if you wanted to take a wheel to Baldev the Chrome guy and he dips it in his stripping tank it would come out all alloy,no paint left at all. I just stripped the rims...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode