Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

shims under rear windscreen bracket

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
i have a 2018 versys650abs and am a newb (dang newbs) even worse a newb on a budget
i have lowered my bike with a trex lowering link and raised the front forks as well per other threads recommendations .

i also raised the stock windscreen up to where the topmost slider bolts are above the the bracket proper and the thumbscrew is at max height..all this to try to decrease the wind noise and buffeting at highway speeds ...the mod helped a bit and i didnt get a mad oscillation on the top of screen that i had anticipated.............

(yes there is a question) i want to loosen the bolts on the bracket to frame connection (4) and add a shim or washers to the rearmost mounting point to pitch the windscreen forward (away from my face more vertical like) maybe 1/4 inch to 1/2 in ...

Has anyone done this before and what was the result? (or am i the only nutjob that dicks with things till they break? (dont answer that i already know)

i do have my eye on a Vstream windscreen but dont wanna spend the cash right now...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I used onna these on my '15 with a Madstadt shield. I mounted up side down for better effect. It quieted down noise and buffeting, a lot. No drilling required. Not sure how strong the mount is but I've run over a ton(100mph) and have run all day at 75 or 80 and it's still there. Also, quite frugal, about $25 from Amazon.

E bay, Amazon, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/XX-eCommerce...y&sprefix=windshield+extension,aps,187&sr=8-9

#5 ·
I have one on my 2009 Versys with an aftermarket screen. It helps remove the buffeting, so much so that I ride most of the time with my face shield up. It does rattle a bit when on gravel roads, but it hasn't broken anything yet. I actually have it installed "upside down". That diverts the airflow enough so I don't have an extre 3 - 4 inches of plexiglass in my view.

Attachments

#6 ·
Watch your OEM windshield brackets - I broke mine several times riding gravel in AZ w/ a larger 'shield on the bike, then welded it/ painted it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.