Oxford Controller for Heated Grips - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Oxford Controller for Heated Grips

I previously posted asking a question about wiring of the Oxford Heated Grips. But, I have another question for anyone with information of mounting the controller? The bracket that it came with wasn't able to mount to anything. I cut off the part that was meant to bolt in and just kept the square that screws in to the controller. For a temporary fix, I attached it to my handle bars with two zip ties. I'd like to come up with something more sturdy and secure. I thought I may go to a bicycle store and buy some sort of handlebar mount and fabricate it to the square plate. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated. My bike is a 2016 Versys 650. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbrendon View Post
I previously posted asking a question about wiring of the Oxford Heated Grips. But, I have another question for anyone with information of mounting the controller? The bracket that it came with wasn't able to mount to anything. I cut off the part that was meant to bolt in and just kept the square that screws in to the controller. For a temporary fix, I attached it to my handle bars with two zip ties. I'd like to come up with something more sturdy and secure. I thought I may go to a bicycle store and buy some sort of handlebar mount and fabricate it to the square plate. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated. My bike is a 2016 Versys 650. Thanks!
I used my mirror and also attached the high beam switch for the Denali lights to the side of the controller. Originally the controller hit my tank bag at full lock, adding the mirror extenders solved that plus freed up some real-estate . The location is convenient as there have been many times as the sun went down my hands started getting cold, just bump the right setting with my left hand, absolutely love the Oxford grips.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 10:31 AM

Garage
I just went to Home Depot and got a U bolt. Attaches right to handle bar and doesn't move.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4862.jpg (38.1 KB, 38 views)

2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 - Barkbuster hand guards, Hepko & Becker crash bars, Oxford Heated sports grips, Motowerk lowering Kit with Kickstand insert, Shad SH45 Top Case and Brake Light, Shad Versys Top Mount Kit, Superlite 43T Rear Sprocket, National Cycle VStream Sport Touring Windscreen.

Roaming the country around Columbus in ever wider circles.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Looks great and I agree with you on the location. Mine is in the same spot, very easy to tap with your thumb. Could you take a picture of the back side so that I can see how you did that?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 11:20 AM

I used the mini zip tie technique to attach the controller but with one addition.I used a piece of 3M double sided thick sticky tape between the back of the controller and the handlebar. Doesn't move. I must say though that as a fan of minimalist engineering I love the design of the Appolo on the grip controller,but 3x the price here...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 12:39 PM

Mine lays flat like this. That's how a shop installed it, I don't know if the bracket is Oxford's or DIY

2015 Versys 650
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 05:45 PM

My controller on the bars...oops upside down
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Left grip.jpg (62.9 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by jaaklucas; 12-19-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode