Pipercross Air Filter upgrade - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By naz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Pipercross Air Filter upgrade

Hello all,
I just recently upgraded the air filter on my 2008 Versys. It look an 2 hours or so and had to take the tank off. Just took my time and was the first time taking off the tank. Just be carefull not to break the plastics and when removing the tank (2 screws), place a small piece of 2x6 wood to pick up the rear of the tank a bit, so you have access to the buttom of the tank. Then you can easily remove the fuel pump connector and two electrical wires.

Pipercross # MPX113
Price: $68.80 shipped
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Versys-Filterchange.jpg (54.9 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg Versys-Old Filter.jpg (84.0 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg Versys-Tank.jpg (30.9 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by renemorenotx; 12-16-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 12:51 PM
naz

Quote:
Originally Posted by renemorenotx View Post
Hello all,
I just recently upgraded the air filter on my 2008 Versys. It look an 2 hours or so and had to take the tank off. Just took my time and was the first time taking off the tank. Just be carefull not to break the plastics and when removing the tank (2 screws), place a small piece of 2x6 wood to pick up the rear of the tank a bit, so you have access to the buttom of the tank. Then you can easily remove the fuel pump connector and two electrical wires.

Pipercross # MPX113
I had this filter "upgrade" 2 years ago.
The filter doesnt fit inside the airbox,its very thick.After 1-2 cleaning procedures it will be ripping apart because of the forces involved to place it correctly inside the airbox without gaps.
The industry filter is superior in any aspect including engine performance.my 2 cents for this "upgrade"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

I drove my versys this morning after the filter change and I can feel a little more torque/kick on takeoff. The filter did go in snug but no different than the stock. I guess I will see if it falls apart after a couple of cleanings. I have a leovince aftermarket exhaust. I am happy with the performance of the air filter.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 01:45 PM
naz

I have a remus exhaust and my thoughts were exactly the same back then.In the long run i realized that some factory parts are not subject of upgrading.One part for sure is the air filter,unless you chase the big numbers with power commander etc...
This specific product is so thick that you could easily conclude its not designed for versys airbox,i cant see another explanation.Lube it slightly and still wont fit.
Anyway i hope it works good for you man,just verify that it goes all the way down that airbox ...
unstable_rider likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by renemorenotx View Post
Hello all,

Pipercross # MPX113
How many $ for your old stock airfilter?

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm very happy with my Pipercross open-cell polyurethane foam air filter. It offers better protection and a good seal to prevent any dirt or sand getting around it... I always open up and clean the airbox when I service the filter, and carefully install it with grease on the lip without forcing it in.

From Pipercross UK representative, Sept 2010:

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1prx View Post
Thanks for the info...

the gen 2 filter for the ER6 is a plastic frame,simmialr to OE...

I have fitted the Gen1 filter in the Versys and agree with the fitting... its a pig!

We will be making changes to this unit in the future...

Many thanks for the help and comments..

James
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=11084
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode