Kickstand for Lowering - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Randyjaco
  • 1 Post By tommyvous59
  • 1 Post By Arion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Kickstand for Lowering

I apologize for reposting this question, but I can't find answers I am comfortable with.
I am lowering my new to me 2012 Versys 650 with the Motwerk block.
The Motowerk Flatfoot kit adds a lot of cost at $60 and I don't want to cut off the stock kickstand in case I ever sell it to a taller person.
I have heard a Ninja 650 kickstands will work with little or no modification and they only cost about $20 on Ebay.
Is there a particular year Ninja kickstand to buy?

Thanks and sorry for the repost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 07:19 PM

Garage
I lowered my V1. I got the complete Motorwerk package. Their kick stand kit is worth the extra money. It also provides an extra large foot which you will appreciate when you park on soft soil. Enjoy your bike, let future new, "taller" owner worry about finding a stock kick stand. I seriously doubt a short kick stand for a lowered bike will queer the deal.

Randy
unstable_rider and jaaklucas like this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 01:29 PM

I just installed a ninja 650 kickstand on my lowered 09 versys and for 22.00 shipped, it's an easy decision.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:26 PM
jpd

Garage
I used a ninga 650 stand on my 2013, gen 2 versys. Bolted right on. Use one of the online parts sites to see if the stand year you are looking at on ebay is the same pn as the ninga stand for the year of your versys.
I think the gen 3 versys uses a different stand than the gen 1 and 2. I didn't lookup if the ninga stands changed also. (Bolt size different)
I kept the original stand for if I ever sold the bike also.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 03:42 PM

i have speedy's motowerk lowering kit with the big foot stand pad. i have a 30 inch inseam and it was a great mod. the fact is, if you lower the rear/displace shock, you'll have to lower the forks and cut/modify the side stand. I've never regretted the mod. and you'll have even a bigger market for inseam compromised individuals. btw, i kept the old cut off piece of stand in case someone wanted to raise the bike and weld it back on. but 10 years later, i still have no intention of getting rid of my 2008 V.
Randyjaco likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyvous59 View Post
i have speedy's motowerk lowering kit with the big foot stand pad. i have a 30 inch inseam and it was a great mod. the fact is, if you lower the rear/displace shock, you'll have to lower the forks and cut/modify the side stand. I've never regretted the mod. and you'll have even a bigger market for inseam compromised individuals. btw, i kept the old cut off piece of stand in case someone wanted to raise the bike and weld it back on. but 10 years later, i still have no intention of getting rid of my 2008 V.

My story as well - and I didn't even have to type it!
Randyjaco likes this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyvous59 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
My story as well - and I didn't even have to type it!
MY 2008 is NOT lowered, and I have NO intention of getting rid of it (now w/ 79,049 miles!).

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
kickstand, lowering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode