• 2 Post By Wolfcamp
  • 1 Post By Doug Just Doug
  • 1 Post By timster
  • 1 Post By bwag1961

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Custom Seat Pics

For all you guys looking to upgrade your seat consider Terry Adcox at https://www.terryscustomseats.com/ He does a great job and is very reasonable. I paid $275 for what your seeing in the pics. My brother has a Russell Day Long on his BMW and paid $800. This is very comparable to the feel of the Russell Day Long. I have some long trips planned this summer and this is the most affordable and comfortable custom seat I have ever seen. I should have taken my tail bag off for better view but I was in a hurry!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2296.jpg (96.0 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2297.jpg (81.6 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2298.jpg (88.6 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2299.jpg (74.5 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2303.jpg (80.2 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2300.jpg (71.2 KB, 164 views)

You will never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychologist office!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 02:04 PM

Garage
I had 7 seats on my 09 Versys 650 including a Baldwin Tall, Russell Day-Long, Corbin and others. Best bang for the Buck was the Terry Adcock Seat...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Looks good on that current gen V!

I have gone from stock to a Seat Concepts and am now starting the season with a Sargent. Not saying I'm done yet... I just feel a need to try them all!

timster likes this.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 08:39 AM

Garage
Be sure and let us know how it goes on those long distance trips with the Adcox.

I had a Russell Day Long on a touring bike once. Did 500 to 900 miles per day for 2 weeks... zero butt ache. If the Terry Adcox is as comfortable on a LD trip as a Russell Day Long, $275 is a screaming deal.
timster likes this.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 09:06 AM

That's a great price for a very comfortable looking seat.

Adios butt burn.
timster likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 06:31 PM

Here's my double bucket......$475 and my stock seat. Well worth it, the wife is comfortable and that was the primary goal of the seat. My next seat would have been a RDL but now have no need as the Terry's custom seat is excellent. Here's mine with my sergeant seat for comparison size wise.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 03:19 PM

Spenser (GreatDayToRide.com) does a great job with Sargent seats, FYI. He's worked on two of my Sargets, adding his Supracor material. I can ride my modified Sargent all day long, but I still couldn't resist ordering one from Terry as well. He's supposed to send me one this month.
timster likes this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 06:20 AM

I'm 5'9" and have no problems getting the balls of both feet down at a stop without sliding forward, and can even flat-foot it if I stretch a bit. Would a "winged" seat like the Russell or Adcox affect that? Would I have to slide forward?

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 08:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
I'm 5'9" and have no problems getting the balls of both feet down at a stop without sliding forward, and can even flat-foot it if I stretch a bit. Would a "winged" seat like the Russell or Adcox affect that? Would I have to slide forward?
Given my experience with a Russell Day Long on an ST1100, yes it does because the wings cause your legs to splay out. I could easily flat foot the ST with the stock seat on but when I put the RDL on, I had to slide all the way forward to be able to just barely flat foot the bike. For that reason, I only used the Russell on long distance trips. For local riding I used the stock seat.
Doug Just Doug and timster like this.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcamp View Post
Given my experience with a Russell Day Long on an ST1100, yes it does because the wings cause your legs to splay out. I could easily flat foot the ST with the stock seat on but when I put the RDL on, I had to slide all the way forward to be able to just barely flat foot the bike. For that reason, I only used the Russell on long distance trips. For local riding I used the stock seat.
Thanks. I may finally try my hand at an IBA SS1000 this year, so your strategy of swapping seats might be the ticket.
timster likes this.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
The Adcox seat can be modified any way you want. The sliding forward problem is completely eliminated but I wish I would have requested him to lower it, which he will do for a little extra. I found his seat increased my riding height and made it more difficult to plant my feet. I'm 6' with 32" inseam. I ended up installing Motowerk's lowering kit which completely solved the problem. I now have this bike tweaked to my riding preference and I love it! Feels great and handles even better!
Doug Just Doug likes this.

You will never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychologist office!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timster View Post
For all you guys looking to upgrade your seat consider Terry Adcox at https://www.terryscustomseats.com/ He does a great job and is very reasonable. I paid $275 for what your seeing in the pics. My brother has a Russell Day Long on his BMW and paid $800. This is very comparable to the feel of the Russell Day Long. I have some long trips planned this summer and this is the most affordable and comfortable custom seat I have ever seen. I should have taken my tail bag off for better view but I was in a hurry!
Came across your post as I'm searching for a more comfortable seat. I have the same bike and wanted to know, now that you have probably put in a lot more miles, if you are still happy with the custom seat and to ask if the $275 you paid included you sending back your stock seat to Terry?? and did this include S/H.
Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
jrshermz likes this.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Seat DIYS

I am averaging 350 KM on my modified seat, not as good as the corbin on my old 07 but, no more pain.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...tions-diy.html
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwag1961 View Post
Came across your post...
Funny you should ask...

Before Terry's seat arrived I decided to put my Versys up for sale (see classified section). Haven't ridden his seat yet, keeping it new for resale. Want it? It's new and ready for someone else's butt to break it in.

I have sat on it and it feels amazing. Excellent workmanship.

His "single bucket" seat cost me $250 + $25 shipping to me + shipping your seat to him + the value of your original seat, which you lose.

Mine will appear in the classified section in the next couple days, along with Givi hand guards, a Vstream windshield and factory service manual.

Last edited by brock29609; 07-15-2018 at 11:52 AM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 12:51 PM

What are you asking for it?
My thought that if on short rides it kept me from flat footing, I could use my stock seat and then for longer hauls, I could use the custom seat.
Let me know what you are thinking.
Thanks

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 01:19 PM

I think once you pop this on your bike, it ain't coming off. It's that comfy. You'll get used to the height and it'll settle down lower after about 500 miles.

How does $225 shipped sound? I'll do that to most US locations. May need a few more dollars if you're west coast. PM me your city, state & ZIP.

(Edit: I see you posted you're in ZIP 45503. I'll do that price to there).

Last edited by brock29609; 07-15-2018 at 01:23 PM.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock29609 View Post
I think once you pop this on your bike, it ain't coming off. It's that comfy. You'll get used to the height and it'll settle down lower after about 500 miles.

How does $225 shipped sound? I'll do that to most US locations. May need a few more dollars if you're west coast. PM me your city, state & ZIP.

$225 shipped sounds good. I assume using PayPal for payment is OK?
Will need your email then.
My info:
Brook Wagaman
1839 Berwick Drive
Springfield, Ohio 45503

So you must have had a 3rd seat your letting go with your bike then?

Can send the payment today once I receive your email.
Thank you!

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
$225 shipped sounds good...
Sending you a PM with payment details. I'll get it packed up today.

...and I'm selling my Versys with a Sargent seat, modified by Spencer.

Last edited by brock29609; 07-15-2018 at 01:32 PM.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock29609 View Post
Sending you a PM with payment details. I'll get it packed up today.
Sounds good

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Sounds good

Just sent you payment. Let me know when you have received it and thanks for the seat. Eager to try it out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode