Narrow Handlebars? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brockie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Narrow Handlebars?

I'm looking to get some narrower handlebars, but was wondering how narrow I could go before I run into clearance issues with the fairings.

I don't mind going up or down, so long as I don't run into the fairing or have to replace all my cables. Anyone have recommendations? I'd probably run clipons if I could, but I'd rather not get into tearing apart the fairings and swapping the tank and headlight and all that right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Greeny View Post
I'm looking to get some narrower handlebars, but was wondering how narrow I could go before I run into clearance issues with the fairings.

I don't mind going up or down, so long as I don't run into the fairing or have to replace all my cables. Anyone have recommendations? I'd probably run clipons if I could, but I'd rather not get into tearing apart the fairings and swapping the tank and headlight and all that right now.
Why don't you loosen the handlebar clamps and slide the bars an inch to the left and see how the right switch block fares? Then do the same the other way.
That will tell you what would happen if you chopped an inch off either side of your existing bars. Turn the bars back and down to see how lower bars would fare. In the end it is a bit of a guestimate.
quexpress likes this.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode