Have a windscreen fit problem-Need help. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Have a windscreen fit problem-Need help.

I recently purchased a set of oem handguards got them on the bike, look great right. Not so fast, they won't clear my windscreen.

I believe the previous owner told me it was a Givi screen. I thought about the madstad adustable bracket, but I do not know if that will give me enough clearance, do I need to trade/sell my screen and get a narrow profile one?
You guys with all the experience I need your help. Thanks ahead of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 02:47 PM

There's a thread where some have used a dremel to cut out where the handguards fit so that a new screen isn't needed. I'd done that when I had a givi. Used tape to mark where to trim.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Well went the other way. Took the belt sander out, put in my vice upside down. Marked the edges I needed to reduce to get clearence on the hand guards, which was not much asked several people and they said they could not even tell that it had been modified. Used 100 grit on the belt sander, finished by hand sanding with 400 grit.

Note: Do not use and orbital or a "Block" to put your sanding paper in. This can cause small cracks around the edges. This was taken care of by going back with the belt sander. But some reason one of the aforemention methods did not work. The belt sander and hand sanding, almost looks like a factory finish, you just have to be careful and try to make both sides look symetrical.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode