• 1 Post By Lurch71
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By PHX_Joe
  • 1 Post By JimK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Peg recommendation for Moto Werk

Can anyone tell me what aftermarket front pegs will work with Moto Werk's front lowering block? The stock pegs are crap! I reached out to the good people at Moto Werk but they don't test with anything other than stock. I'm looking for something like SW-Motech?

You will never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychologist office!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 10:54 AM

I would check with Twisted Throttle.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

I use "toothed" dirt pegs on both my Vs - from (or for) Suzuki DR650, bought from Ebay.

Here's a comparo w/ the OEM 'peg (I used 3/8"UNC bolts),

here's a close-up of a 'peg' and

and here it is, mounted on my Gen 1, c/w Motowerk peg-lowering blocks.

Had 'em on there for YEARS....

-

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC09170.JPG (302.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09210.JPG (310.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09211.JPG (348.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09212.JPG (346.4 KB, 37 views)
timster likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 03-21-2018 at 12:16 PM.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey fasteddie, I can't see the pics for some reason. Can you try posting them again? Thanks!!

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timster View Post
Hey fasteddie, I can't see the pics for some reason. Can you try posting them again? Thanks!!

I can see Eddie's pictures just fine. Is this the first time you've had problems viewing photos on this forum. Perhaps you have something set differently on your computer? If it's Windows often simply turning off the computer and restarting works wonders. Just a thought.

As an afterthought, Canadian thumbs look just like American thumbs. Will wonders never cease?!
timster likes this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I use "toothed" dirt pegs on both my Vs - from (or for) Suzuki DR650, bought from Ebay.

Here's a comparo w/ the OEM 'peg (I used 3/8"UNC bolts),

here's a close-up of a 'peg' and

and here it is, mounted on my Gen 1, c/w Motowerk peg-lowering blocks.

Had 'em on there for YEARS....

-

I took Eddies advice last year and bought those.......something like $9.99 and they work good and are very sturdy.
timster likes this.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 11:17 PM

Garage
Will those work on a standard 2017 versys 650 without the lowering blocks , just original factory set-up.

[B]Once you go PACK you never go back
]
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:17 AM

Did you check Rivco?
timster likes this.

60% of the time, it works every time
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
Will those work on a standard 2017 versys 650 without the lowering blocks , just original factory set-up.

They should.............mine is a 2015 like Eddie's. I think the only non-OEM was the new bolts.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timster View Post
Take another look Tim. I added them in another way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
...As an afterthought, Canadian thumbs look just like American thumbs. Will wonders never cease?!
THUMB...? What thumb?

Quote:
Yes!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you sir!! Pics came thru and I appreciate your help!

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 12:02 PM

Garage
I use my foot peg when mounting and dis-mounting. Would you think this would serve a better purpose?Also doe these give a better support and grip during a ride? My Versys is a 2017 . Also they don`t increase vibration feel much, right?

]
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I use my foot peg when mounting and dis-mounting. Would you think this would serve a better purpose?Also doe these give a better support and grip during a ride? My Versys is a 2017 . Also they don`t increase vibration feel much, right?
One of the BIGGEST advantages of a "toothed" foot peg besides 'holding' your boot - it DOESN'T get slippery when wet!

IF you're ever standing on the OEM 'pegs when they get splashed - you're VERY likely to have control issues when your foot slips OFF, as it NEVER happens when you're 'flying-straight-and-level'....

And - YES - it should be easier getting ON or OFF when your foot can't slip.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 10:45 PM

Garage
Ok, fasteddie I just ordered some off ebay and will give them a try.

]
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

IF you ordered them for a DR650 (or other 'Zuki), the stock bolt will NOT go thru the smaller hole, and that's WHY I use a 3/8" UNC bolt, and they've worked FINE for MANY years, many rides.
timster likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 12:31 PM

I would STRONGLY recommend you re-consider the lowering blocks if you'll be doing much rough stuff. As advised by another inmate, the lowering blocks extend the fulcrum and increase leverage on the foot peg mount. I'm awaiting my third foot mount, and will be removing the lowering blocks.

On the street, they're likely just fine and they do help the knees in terms of ergos, but sheesh - really poor design from Kawi.

I have the Touratech pegs, and I would not buy them again for 2 reasons; (1) they aren't 'sharp' at the teeth (which also prevents the boots from being eaten up), and (2) they have a round profile - convex, I believe - that along with the absence of sharpness in the teeth creates a slip hazard under power in rougher terrain.

I took the rubber inserts off the TT pegs when installed, so no comment on a street user perspective looking for vibration reduction. I can say that with the rubber insert, they're pretty tall.

PivotPegz makes a versys-specific peg, but out of Australia and spendy - cool idea though. Most of the aftermarket has a different diameter pin, so you'll have to drill the peg to accommodate a typically larger bolt at the mount.

I've purchased the $10 ebay pegs, they're well made though a bit small for me. I may mount them up for a ride this weekend, might be happy with them. Great value, and many inmates really enjoy them.

Some would argue Fastway makes the best peg. IMS makes an 'adventure +' peg that is really cool, not for the V specifically, but drillable. They, unfortunately, have the same un-sharp teeth, so you'd need to take a file to a few of them.

The pic is the first broken peg mount, a real 'oh $hite!' moment for sure. I'm 165 + gear, and was carrying about 25# of luggage and stuff, so not overloaded at all. I did hit a rain rut at about 40, but there's evidence of prior cracking so it's just not meant to take a beating with the lowering block.

Just my experience. Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171112_153225.jpg (50.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 20171112_153318.jpg (49.9 KB, 39 views)
timster likes this.

Ride more, bitch less - secret to good life!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 10:52 PM

Garage
OK , I got my "toothed" dirt pegs in today and installed right away. Picked up some 3/8 x 2" stainless bolts with washers mounted to the outside of peg brackets and nuts all stainless steel. I re-used the tension springs from the original pegs. They went on fast , but not real good riding weather so I didn`t take it out. I did mount the bike and sat on it and my initial impression was good. While not any longer peg they are twice as wide and seem to grip my shoes pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation . This forum is a great help for a new Versys owner :-)
onewizard likes this.

]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode