My new Leo Vince ! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My new Leo Vince !

Delivered today and duly fitted like a child getting his xmas prezzie early.

Quality wise, it's lovelier than a very lovely thing.

Fitting was straight forward tho' I did end up having to remove the back wheel as I just couldn't wiggle the oe can away from the downpipes. Still, it let me make sure everything was nice and clean where no man has gone before. It fitted on nice and easy with no problems at all.

There's such a different noise now, as expected. I was kinda worried that it would be too loud (and I'm sure it's ridiculously noisy without the removable baffle in place), but it's not bad at all. I suppose it seems louder as the noise was reverberating off the garage walls and won't be so bad once outside, but it was pishing down and I am prepared to wait.

Overall, I'm very pleased. I love the looks, I love the sound (so far) and I'll see if it makes the bike feel any different soon enough.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 01:48 PM

Congrats! I have the same type, and i am very pleased with it. The sound isnt that much louder than stock, just a little darker tone. Nothing negative to report about it so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ermax hugger, Givi trunk, Kawasaki touring screen, ep radiator cover, gipro ds, gear indicator, powerbronze headlight protector, motowerk footpeg lowering kit and paddock stand+ bobbins, leovince underbody exhaust.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 02:40 PM

Any idea how this compares sound wise to the the Two Brothers slip on? I had a Two brothers carbron slip on with the the quiet tip and found it pretty annoying at anything higher than 5k rpm.

Thanks,
Hugh

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roam View Post
Any idea how this compares sound wise to the the Two Brothers slip on? I had a Two brothers carbron slip on with the the quiet tip and found it pretty annoying at anything higher than 5k rpm.

Thanks,
Hugh

No idea.

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 04:21 PM

I had a TwoBrothers on my 2007 and it was LOUD, even with optional baffle. Based on comments here, the LeoVince seems to be more reasonable, thats probably what I'll be putting on my 2011...
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawa007 View Post
I had a TwoBrothers on my 2007 and it was LOUD, even with optional baffle.
My mate who has an ER6F is considering changing his oe pipe to the Two Brothers. It looks like a nice enough pipe, but personally, what I like about the LV is the way it is tucked right in under the bike. But I suppose many would rather have a pipe that pokes out, to show off and see what they've spent their hard earned on.

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 06:35 AM

Just looking at the LeoVince I wonder if the passenger wont be getting all the fumes up in her face since its more under the bike and directly under her...
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just looking at the LeoVince I wonder if the passenger wont be getting all the fumes up in her face since its more under the bike and directly under her...

What passenger...........

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Mine blows the fumes out the side. There is enough flow to blow it away even at idle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ermax hugger, Givi trunk, Kawasaki touring screen, ep radiator cover, gipro ds, gear indicator, powerbronze headlight protector, motowerk footpeg lowering kit and paddock stand+ bobbins, leovince underbody exhaust.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 08:15 AM

Looks brilliant, Dave.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 AM

I've always wanted the LV underbody. Clean and nice. Too bad my bike already had the yoshi on when i took over it, and well, the sound made it up for me.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 PM

Was there any noticable performance improvement?
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleskie View Post
Was there any noticable performance improvement?
I'm heading out tomorrow (Fri) for a nice long run. I'll let you know what my 'Seatofmypantsometer' tells me.

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 AM

Garage
Hey DavyF

Very nice result

Have two things for you

-in the instruction for the akrovic exhaust, for dismanteling the oem exhaust, they make you loosen the screw of the headers at the engine, then you can wiggle the oem out ...

- Since i'm a bit anal about the enviroment, is their a catalitic with the leovince system ? Even as an option ?

Thank's

Again, very nice integration !!!

LOP
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post

Since i'm a bit anal about the enviroment, is their a catalitic with the leovince system ? Even as an option ?

You can order a cat, although as I don't care about the environment, I didn't.

Just in from a good ride and there's a nice overall difference and improvement. It's not too loud to piss people off, but still loud enough to hopefully make someone aware I'm approaching. The front wheel heads skywards much more easily on the throttle and there's a much better pick-up in mid-range. She's really gutsy now accelerating from 60 to 80 mph. So I'm very happy with my purchase to say the least.

post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 04:35 PM

I like the fact that it almost looks like a factory option and matches the looks of the bike. If it weren't for the sticker, non V people would think it was stock. You are making me want to part with my money, I must resist, I must resist....
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by james4b View Post

I must resist, I must resist....

Resistance is futile............

post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 08:09 AM

...and you will be assimilated

Looks nice Dave. This would be the to go for should I one day decide to get a slip on.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 AM

Sweet!
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Very nice looking setup. Had the Two Brothers muffler on my V for a while (it was installed when I bought the bike) and it was bloody loud! Eventually re-installed the OEM muffler so I wouldn't be driven out of the neighborhood

If the Leo Vinci is not that much louder than the stock muffler I might have to invest in one. It looks good, but then so does your entire bike.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode