main throttle sensor adjustments - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
backfire's???

ok, done the pair valve removal and vacuum hose link.
got 200++km riding it to feel the difference... smoother throttle and a lot easier at move off...Noticeable!
But,backfires still exist at close throttle and i realise 1 more thing,not sure how to explain it though. exhaust note is like she's 'mumbling' when i hold the throttle at around 3100-3300rpm.. It doesnt matter what gear its in,although i only tried from 3rd - 6th gear...
Honestly, i dont mind having this issue if everyone tells me that this is normal, but if there's anyway to make her better,would appreciate...

Last edited by doowutchyalike; 08-31-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Look at your main (grey) throttle sensor's green alignment mark on its front from near your front left flasher, and note how it ligns up. Loosen sensor screw with T25 Torx tool. Rotate sensor counterclockwise by about a millimeter as seen on pic. Adjust, then tighten Torx screw.

This will improve driveability and response by adding fuel and increasing ignition timing advance at low throttle openings, while greatly reducing the lean off-throttle backfiring tendency. It raises your TPS voltage output from below specified range to within spec at WOT, while raising idle position voltage output to slightly above spec.

Main throttle sensor's new position:

Main throttle sensor Torx screw:

Fast idle may then be higher. You can rotate subthrottle sensor (black, just above main throttle sensor) also counterclockwise with T25 Torx screw to reduce cold fast-idle rpm. I rotated mine to its maximum counterclockwise position, to which it was already near. Subthrottle sensor's new position:

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
After all this and your throttle valve incident, you can consider checking and adjusting your throttle body synchronization (vacuum balance at 1300 rpm idle), right after you get a chance to check and adjust your valve clearances... How many Kms are you at? Is your idle now set to 1300 rpm?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
After all this and your throttle valve incident, you can consider checking and adjusting your throttle body synchronization (vacuum balance at 1300 rpm idle), right after you get a chance to check and adjust your valve clearances... How many Kms are you at? Is your idle now set to 1300 rpm?
Done 6763km on the bike...
Yes,rpm at 1300.
Do i need to check the valve clearance now?
How do i go about it, checking the valve clearance and throttle body synchronization??

Thanks Invader for all your help, appreciate it very very much..

Last edited by doowutchyalike; 09-01-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode