Your input on this ABS conversion kit? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By turn8a

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Your input on this ABS conversion kit?

Hey guys,

I'd really love to hear y'all opinions on this ABS conversion kit for the Kawasaki Versys 650.

I saw this ad the other day on AliExpress (Yes, I know. Not the most trustworthy place for quality goods.) and I was very curious about this kit. For all I can see this seems to be legit. I wouldn't mind spending 500 bucks to get a proper ABS installed on my bike. They even customize the whole thing for the Versys 650 and they also make it seem like it's plug and play.

So is this too good to be true?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Univ...738818223.html

Manual of the ABS kit: http://docdro.id/fOH66uQ

Ps. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I wasn't sure where to put it.

I love my job when I'm on vacation

Last edited by mohdennis; 01-12-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 05:27 AM

Garage
I'm going to have to go with a resounding "nope"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

ABS Install / Wiring Diagram

Theoretically it could work, however the way the ABS works is it compares the front wheel rotation to rear wheel,( in the case of the 650 it uses the countershaft speed as a input reference as to speed, the X300 they have done away with this input, they rely solely on the ABS ring for speed)and pulses when you brake if there is a variation at a certain percentage, also it prevents lock up down to 3KM per hour, below 3KM ABS doesn't function on the 2015. I personnally would need a lot more information including feedback from those who have installed this, keep in mind if you were involved in a accident and at fault, caused damage or injury, consider your insurance null and void, as your brakes are part of a safety inspection. I wonder what the cost of Kawasaki parts are , what year is your bike?

Last edited by onewizard; 01-12-2018 at 07:45 AM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
My bike is a 2010 model. I thought about looking for parts of a damaged bike or something, but I couldn't find any bikes.

I asked the vendor if I could get the specs from him and he send me 2 documents. Might be interesting to read through.
As I wasn't allowed to upload bigger files I put the doc online for everyone to read. Also, I asked him about proof that it works. He claims to have sold thousands in China and he is the only one as far as I can tell that sells and customizes this for foreigners. As you can see on AliExpress the vendor does have a couple of 5-star reviews, but the people haven't put up feedback on the abs kit when it was actually installed.

So here is the manual http://docdro.id/fOH66uQ

I love my job when I'm on vacation
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 06:11 AM

Garage
Would be a lot less hassle and probably cheaper to just sell your bike and buy a used ABS model Versys.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 06:55 AM

Not to start a debate but if it was an option on my 2015 650lt I would not have paid extra for it.
onewizard likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 11:01 AM

Garage
I wouldn't order anything that is going to affect my brakes from ALI Express. That has brake failure written all over it.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcamp View Post
Would be a lot less hassle and probably cheaper to just sell your bike and buy a used ABS model Versys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
Not to start a debate but if it was an option on my 2015 650lt I would not have paid extra for it.
I have one of EACH, ABS 2015 and non-ABS 2008.

When I got the '15 I went out and braked INTO the ABS (to get used to it), as well as riding some dirt to ensure I could lock the rear wheel IF necessary, on down-hills.

I'm NOT sure I would've paid extra for it, IF I had had the choice.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode