Sure way of removing buffeting - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Sure way of removing buffeting

Hi all just wanted to share something on Gen 1 V's that was amazing for me, totally solved the buffeting issue.

Prior to this I tried many things.

1)upside down stock windshield
2)lowered to the max (only 2 mounting points used on stock windshield)
3)rubber washers on the windshield to tilt the screen more backwards
4)Puig touring windshield.
5)Puig multiregulable clip on deflector.

All did not work fully, i really hated riding at highway speeds.

I then tried Palmer Products windshield bracket (like the madstad), but I liked that it was black coated, and it looks cleaner made than the madstad. Really wanted an Algaurd bracket, but alas dosen't seem to be made anymore.

The bracket:

WOW, amazing, it has alot of adjustability, and like some had suspected, it was definitely the angle of the windshield that caused buffeting. totally clean air, when it is in the mid position and tilted fully backwards.

The only cons I could say it is that it is a lighter and thinner aluminum, and wobbles abit in the wind, but nothing that I am overly concerned with. But the fittings and finish, very nicely done.

Totally clean air, with a good smooth flow over the shield, some wind noise still though.

But get this...with the Puig Multiregulable..wierdly in its lowest position and closest position flushed against my windshield...its even better.

I suspect its acts as a airflow smoothening device..somehow, but it really works.

Totally quiet. zero, i mean NO wind noise, but yet a nice breeze still hitting my face which is great for the summer like weather its constantly at here.

I know it isn't cheap, but I thought its a good thing to share with others who are particular about this.

Pictures of the farkles from the web for reference:

2009 V ABS - 80,00KM

LV Evo II | H&B Crash Bars | H&B Journey 55L | LED Voltmeter | PP Windshield Bracket | Puig Windshield w/ Multi Deflector | C&C Shorty Levers | Chaft Mirrors | Puig Rear Hugger | Series R/R | Vac Mod | Tooless Preload Adjuster | Snorkel Remove | EP Radiator Guard | BMW Grips | TS Tank Grips | LED City Lights | Contoured Seat

Last edited by widishi; 01-10-2018 at 07:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 06:22 AM

Garage
I solved all wind buffeting by replacing the Versys with the FZ-07.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Haha nice choice, I really like that bike, looks like a hoot to ride. too bad the tracer 700 is not avaliable in my country...as the Fz07 doesn't look good with a top case which I need.

How is it compared to the versys?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

2009 V ABS - 80,00KM

LV Evo II | H&B Crash Bars | H&B Journey 55L | LED Voltmeter | PP Windshield Bracket | Puig Windshield w/ Multi Deflector | C&C Shorty Levers | Chaft Mirrors | Puig Rear Hugger | Series R/R | Vac Mod | Tooless Preload Adjuster | Snorkel Remove | EP Radiator Guard | BMW Grips | TS Tank Grips | LED City Lights | Contoured Seat

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 11:23 AM

Garage
Excellent information - they list three sizes - which one did you get???

'09 Versys
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:

Well, that might be considered a little drastic but it's pretty cool nonetheless. Hope you're enjoying it.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

For the puig screen that I have, the 250x100 fits well however I am not sure for the stocker! But mind you it only works with one of these brackets to tilt the screen. Without that the multiregulable still buffets wind.

2009 V ABS - 80,00KM

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Well, that might be considered a little drastic.
some bikes are more drastic than others.....

No matter where you go - there you are.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 06:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by widishi View Post
Haha nice choice, I really like that bike, looks like a hoot to ride. too bad the tracer 700 is not avaliable in my country...as the Fz07 doesn't look good with a top case which I need.

How is it compared to the versys?

Here is my thread where I set it up as a lightweight sport tourer.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ht-tourer.html

It is a different bike than the Versys. My primary reason for swapping out was weight and low height so I could haul it on work trips to warmer climes.

Here is the Versys in the truck compared to the FZ07 in the truck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c_001.jpg (216.3 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg d_001.jpg (144.6 KB, 102 views)

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Here is my thread where I set it up as a lightweight sport tourer.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ht-tourer.html

It is a different bike than the Versys. My primary reason for swapping out was weight and low height so I could haul it on work trips to warmer climes.

Here is the Versys in the truck compared to the FZ07 in the truck.
Nice! sidecases look good on it.

2009 V ABS - 80,00KM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode