I'm stuck- turn signal relocation for HB side rack on a 2010 Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm stuck- turn signal relocation for HB side rack on a 2010 Versys

I can't figure out how to get the turn signals aout of all that plastic in the tail section without breaking something I'll regret breaking.

Any help would be appreciated!

May God bless you to be and do everything He ever intended for you to be or do. Pass that on to others 'cause they need it too! ( Even if you don't like them.)
;- )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
You need to remove the tail section from beneath the seat first. Once you remove the whole tail section then you can easily work on the turn signal. try referring to the service/parts manual here in the sticky if you dont have one with you.

Hope it helps.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
15-6 FRAME
Exploded View. Look here in the service manual for the exploded view.

Flap and Rear Fender Rear Removal •Remove the seat covers (see Seat Cover Removal). •Open the clamps [A]. •Disconnect the connectors [B]. •Remove the bolts [C].
•Remove the bolts [A].
•Pull out the flap [A], turn signal lights and license plate
light downward.
○Clear the leads [B] from the rear fender rear [C].

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, so much! I will give it another shot. Around 2am I started thinking about gas and matches so I figured it was time to stop.

May God bless you to be and do everything He ever intended for you to be or do. Pass that on to others 'cause they need it too! ( Even if you don't like them.)
;- )
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

While the manual was nice, I have to be honest. I don't follow well if I don't see how it's done. I do much better with video or a series of pictures. I'm going to have to get some professional help. I hate to pay the bucks, but I don't want to be mad at my bike either.
Thanks for trying.

;- )
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy View Post
I can't figure out how to get the turn signals aout of all that plastic in the tail section without breaking something I'll regret breaking.

Any help would be appreciated!
If it's like the 2008 (and according to the parts diagram, it's very similar), there's a set of backing plates which keeps it in place. On the parts diagrams (I used BikeBandit.com), it's parts 224 (screw), 92200A (spacer), and 92200 (plate).

1) Remove the seat, unplug the light, and feed the cord down through the frame. You might want to remove some of the rear side panels to see better and trace the line from underneath the tail to the harness.

2) Look beneath the tail section where the turn signals come in. You should see a screw in each one. Remove it. The spacer (92200A) should come off with it.

3) The other backing plate (92200) is wedged into the space inside the back of the turn signal. It pushes out on the rubber stalk to hold it in place in the tail section. You should be able to pull it out by either using a small screwdriver in the notch on the opposite end from the electrical cord, or by using the centre hole.

4) At this point, the turn signal is just held in the tail section by a groove in the end of the turn signal stalk, with the electrical cord hanging free. If you squeeze it from the back (under the tail section) where the plate was, it should pop right out.

Hope that helps,
Dave C

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
hepco becker, relocation, turn indicator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode