Recommend a 43T for my 11V.. please. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Recommend a 43T for my 11V.. please.

I've used the search function to look up 43T threads, seems a lot of the recommended rear sprockets have been discontinued.

Anyone have some current 43T recommendations for me please?

Thanks a ton!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatx View Post
I've used the search function to look up 43T threads, seems a lot of the recommended rear sprockets have been discontinued.

Thanks a ton!
Most of the guys have switch the front to a 16T or for the rear a 44T. i've only seen were a few went with a 43T rear

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Most of the guys have switch the front to a 16T or for the rear a 44T. i've only seen were a few went with a 43T rear
As one of those few, it gives me exactly what I want - a nice, smooth, USABLE first gear, low-wear freeway commuting @ 5000 in 6th, and as much acceleration as I need. YM,OC,MV... The speedo is also nearly spot-on.

It's good to know that the selection is slim at this time, so I can start looking for a replacement to stash away for when the time comes along.

Mark Hirschhorn
Durham NC
09 Versys "Blue Belle' - the aerodynamic blue color...
Way too much of Speedy's stuff...

CalSci windscreen / Emgo MkII mirrors / 43T rear / EB 12v outlet
Givi E52 top case / V35 side cases / Vista Cruise
Oxford Hothands / Cramp Buster
Powermadd handguards / mirror extenders

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:

Thanks a ton!
You need a Supersprox RST478 for Kawasaki 650 Versys (USA) [2007-2012] (43 Gold) from here - http://www.supersproxusa.com/products.php?cat=1698 and they have them in stock

Richard

at

Last edited by TowerMan; 07-02-2012 at 04:24 PM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 05:19 PM

just look around

I got mine from vortex

43t black anodized
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCI0004.jpg (70.8 KB, 62 views)
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 06:05 PM

+1 for Supersprox; and 43 tooth.

Last edited by ScottyNeal; 07-02-2012 at 10:06 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
As another of the few who opted for a 43 tooth rear sprocket, I'm very happy with the results. I selected ther SunStar steel sprocket - same brand as the OEM sprocket on my 2008. As I recall I got it either from Twisted Throttle or Motorcycle Superstore. Sorry, I'm away from my records at the moment or I could tell you for certain.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 PM

I've experimented with several rear sprockets from my son's 2004 ZX6R. You may want to use that bike for hunting sprockets since it's more popular. I'm guessing that several years of the ZX6R will work.
YMMV.......
Dan
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 08:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
I just swapped my stock to a 44T. I am really happy with it. I had sitting in my garage for over a year an never put it on. Partly I was lazy and partly I was afraid I'd lose to much performance. I think a 43 may make first gear a little to slow for me.

" I don't care about shinny chrome or loud exhaust, I don't ride to be seen, I ride because I want to disappear"

Halfthrottle
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 07:54 AM
djg

I did a Supersprox 44t, very nice looking high quality piece. Looks like the one pictured above. The 44t did not quite fix the odometer error. Good performance.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 05:44 AM
VOz

Compared to the stock 46T which is really unusable for normal metro commuting and touring the 43T (mine) or 44T is an excellent choice.

I have had the 43T on since about 300klm and now have over 1500 klm on it. I also just purchased a 44T and am keen to try that out, I suspect it will be a lot more suitable for my daily metro commuting as the 43T makes the 2nd and 3rd gears not so tractable at low speed.

Voz

Sydney, Australia
2012 Kawasaki Versys 650
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

I wound up selecting the Sunstar 43T from an ebay seller. I didn't want to spend $80 (Supersprox) on an experiment. The Sunstar was $42 and change with shipping. Hopefully I'll get it put on by the dealership today. I called them for a quote on the change and they said they would do it for $27. I'd need to spend way more than that for the tools to do it alone as I own next to nothing in tools. Plus I'm sure it would be an all day project for me since I don't have a clue what I'm doing.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Dealership only took about 45 minutes to switch this out. Just rode the bike back to work, gotta say WOW! The 43T made it feel like a completely different bike... in a good way.

Now my first gear gets me to 25mph and I'm able to clear intersections before changing gears. Bye bye stump-puller!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 11:55 AM

I use a JT Sprockets 43. Works well and corrects the speedo error. Part no. JTR478.43. They are available in 38, 42, 43, 45 and 46.

I got mine from Amazon for $23, installed it in about 20 minutes.

The Supersprox composite units are nice and light, if you can afford them.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

One thing I noticed about my Sunstar 43T is it is a bit thinner than the stock 46T. This allows maybe 1/16th play back and forth of the chain, but I don't really see that this will cause a problem.

Anyone else think so?
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
I wound up selecting the Sunstar 43T from an ebay seller. I didn't want to spend $80 (Supersprox) on an experiment. The Sunstar was $42 and change with shipping. Hopefully I'll get it put on by the dealership today. I called them for a quote on the change and they said they would do it for $27. I'd need to spend way more than that for the tools to do it alone as I own next to nothing in tools. Plus I'm sure it would be an all day project for me since I don't have a clue what I'm doing.
Where are you located???

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Where are you located???
Southern Indiana.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Zatx - IF you were somewhere nearby I'd give you a hand.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode