Speedy's Standard Flatfoot installed - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Speedy's Standard Flatfoot installed

Just wanted to give yet another shout-out to the Speedy's Flatfoot. This little gadget is perfect for the stock kick stand.

I know it may be a bit more involved if the lowering kit is installed already (different product is available for that application), but for the standard setup - install was a breeze.

Really helps with the confidence when putting the bike down on uneven/rough ground. Also, getting the foot on the kick stand is easier because of a larger surface area to catch - so all around, this little gem is worth it!

**'2011 Versys, '75 Honda CL360 cafe project, '76 CB 550, '09 Husky TE610**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopreserve View Post
Just wanted to give yet another shout-out to the Speedy's Flatfoot. This little gadget is perfect for the stock kick stand.

I know it may be a bit more involved if the lowering kit is installed already (different product is available for that application), but for the standard setup - install was a breeze.

Really helps with the confidence when putting the bike down on uneven/rough ground. Also, getting the foot on the kick stand is easier because of a larger surface area to catch - so all around, this little gem is worth it!
Did you use the L shaped extender that they recommended? Did you find that it was needed?

Farkles:
Givi Tall Windscreen, Givi Top Rack and Case, Givi V35 Bags and Mounts, Givi QuickLock Tank Connector+Bag, Oxford Heated Grips, Nuvi 550 w/ Ram Mount, Barkbusters Full Wrap + Storm, Motowerks Flatfoot, Spools and Tank Protector, Bobbed Fender, Grip Puppies, 12v SAE Socket, Packjack, Airhawk 1 (med), Scala Rider G4, Contour Roam2

Next Stop: 44Tooth Sprocket (To be installed)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naudan View Post
Did you use the L shaped extender that they recommended? Did you find that it was needed?
While I did order the L bracket as stated was necessary, I wound up not needing it at all on my 2011:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

I did use the L shaped racket. It came with the kit I bought from a member here - so I can't really say whether it helped of not. I never had it instated without it.

I will say I like finding the stand easier - and I think the bracket. An only help with that. My fort used to want to get caught on the footpeg easier.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
This little gem is worth it!
I concur.
I did not order the L bracket for my 2011 and the Flatfoot by itself worked just fine for me.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
I concur.
I did not order the L bracket for my 2011 and the Flatfoot by itself worked just fine for me.
Thanks Goat and Genehil -- I questioned it because I am not a fan of taking a drill to any part of my bike

Farkles:
Givi Tall Windscreen, Givi Top Rack and Case, Givi V35 Bags and Mounts, Givi QuickLock Tank Connector+Bag, Oxford Heated Grips, Nuvi 550 w/ Ram Mount, Barkbusters Full Wrap + Storm, Motowerks Flatfoot, Spools and Tank Protector, Bobbed Fender, Grip Puppies, 12v SAE Socket, Packjack, Airhawk 1 (med), Scala Rider G4, Contour Roam2

Next Stop: 44Tooth Sprocket (To be installed)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 06:57 AM

I just ordered one of these yesterday for my 2011, glad to hear the L shaped bracket isn't necessary. I too paid the $5 to get it, but didn't want to be drilling anything.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

As a general rule, I can understand not wanting to drill anything on the bike, but if you guys find that you would prefer the extra throw the L bracket provides, I can vouch for the ease of drilling this part of the kick stand stop.

The stop itself is just a "nub" that juts toward the back of the bike, but is quite thick for the purpose, so can withstand the drill. I made sure to use a lubricant while drilling, so that I didn't need to push very hard against the bike (and the nub) to get the hole through clean.

I am sure either way this add-on is well worth the price of admission...

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Had to use the L bracket on mine due to the fact my bike was lowered by using a ninja rear shock.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Had to use the L bracket on mine due to the fact my bike was lowered by using a ninja rear shock.
Man, I spent all last night reading about installing an R1 shock onto the V. Now you're telling me that a Ninja shock firs as well???

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Man, I spent all last night reading about installing an R1 shock onto the V. Now you're telling me that a Ninja shock firs as well???
The previous owner put the ninja shock on to lower bike but he was ripped off by the bike shop as it cost him $1300 NZ and the ninja shock is inferior to the versys shock.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
The previous owner put the ninja shock on to lower bike but he was ripped off by the bike shop as it cost him $1300 NZ and the ninja shock is inferior to the versys shock.
Oh, good grief! Back to the R1 idea....

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 PM

Garage
Does the flatfoot fit a little loosely on the orignal kickstand foot or is it suppose to be snug?

Dave
1983 Honda XL600R / M-6
2015 Ducati Scrambler Urban Enduro / M-10
2017 Versys X300 / M-12
1966 Honda CT90

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

It has a little play because of the spring. It allows it to be more flexible with a variety of surface angles.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 01:07 AM

I love mine. Money well spent. No more packing the plastic Big Foot to toss under the kickstand when I'm parking on dirt or gravel.

2009 Versys. It blue.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode