Something Shiny - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Something Shiny

Well i think the ole girl got wind of me thinking about selling her. She seemed alittle down lately so as with all females something shiny will usally do the trick. So ordered these today

product1220_1b by weljo2001, on Flickr

product1220_2b by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
You know how to look after the ladies
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
You know how to look after the ladies

Yea you should have seen the smile when i told her she was getting piped.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yea you should have seen the smile when i told her she was getting piped.
Your to funny
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 09:41 PM

Was it listed for a Versys, and does it have the crossover pipe like OEM?
Who did you order it from, and for how much $ ?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Was it listed for a Versys, and does it have the crossover pipe like OEM?
Who did you order it from, and for how much $ ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170830446719...ht_4022wt_1398

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 PM

So it is an EX650 header without the Versys crossover pipe... They mention:

•Delkevic down pipes are manufactured from 304 Austenitic Stainless Steel which offers truly exceptional value for money and superior corrosion resistance to that of Ferritic Stainless Steel (grade 409), ensuring your bike continues to provide miles of service and pleasure.

Then they go on to say:

•Delkevic uses high quality 1.5mm section 304 Stainless Steel tube for the primary section of the exhaust, which is mandrel formed to ensure uniform cross section and dimensions, ensuring a guaranteed fit and performance.

That's just like the original with grade 304 SS primary tubes (magnet won't stick to it), and grade 409 SS collector... You can confirm it when you get your nicely polished Delkevic header.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Post a picture once your done piping her.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 10:39 PM

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I e-mailed them about the difference in price and here's the explanation.

If you purchased this off the website you would get an immediate message that these are on back order for 5 weeks and we can ship it at that time. Or you can purchases this off eBay like you did and receive the product in 7-10 business days as we'll ship it from another Delkevic stores stock. We have Delkevic stores located in England, China, Japan, and Australia hence the higher price.

Thank you
Luke

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 09:12 PM

Wow... 5 weeks wouldn't be so bad after all.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Wow... 5 weeks wouldn't be so bad after all.

Oh Well... I don't like to wait and 70 bucks is about the cost of a good lunch.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 11:05 PM

One $14 lunch per week at Wendy's.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice shiny.

Just thinking of an alternative to get a Full system for the V.

The 2012 ER6n and F (ninja 650) have the cross pipes in their headers, the same as the Versys. Pre-2012 ER6n and F doesnt' have the cross pipe. It was an interesting note since Akrapovic has just released a 2012 Full system for the ER6 and it looks sweet. The protruding tail pipe is now covered up. Maybe it fits the Versys ??

http://www.lerepairedesmotards.com/a...-er6f-2012.php

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 11:27 PM

Akrapovic S-K6R7-HT Racing Line (Titanium) listed for ER6/Ninja 650R... Crossover pipe visible in 1st pic:

http://www.akrapovic.com/en/Motorcyc...yName=Kawasaki
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ordered after hours on wednesday the 13th. Just got an e-mail its already been shipped.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
They just came in early this morning. Waiting on the new gaskets should be here within 3 days. Then once the GF flies back to Puerto Rico next Tuesday i'll slap them on wednesday and post some photos.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looking forward to pics, that bling looks great!
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Savage View Post
Looking forward to pics, that bling looks great!

Gaskets came in today. The familys going off tomorrow So i'll be home and put the headers on and take some photos.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok got the headers on and i think they look "Sweet"

The first 2 photos have the old headers on.http://www.flickr.com/photos/5418178...7630254940736/

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode