anyone with Akrapovic exhaust chime in? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
anyone with Akrapovic exhaust chime in?

My friend has a 650r with a two brothers exhaust. It is loud and obnoxious.

Seeing as our bikes have the same motor basically with a different cam profile, I would like to avoid this, and honestly most of the videos I've seen online, most all of the exhausts sound this way (a nice bubbly sound at low rpm, but quickly harassing my ears with a blaring fart noise at higher rpm).

Now I saw this video on youtube of an akrapovic can, but comments are disabled, and honsetly it sounds completely different than anything else I've heard so far.

Can anyone with the akrapovic can chime in and confirm if this is actually what it sounds like while riding? (in the video the engine produces a much more tuned humming sound).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 12:41 AM

Hey Norrick,

I've been looking around for exhausts too. Based on what I've read, Leo Vince is likely the way I'll be going. I've heard others say that the 2 Bro's is loud. I like the LV because it's got the underbody style and folks have said that it sounds better, but not necessarily louder...

There are some vids around...

Let us know what you end up with.

BaileyMan

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash

Last edited by BaileyMan; 06-10-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: oops. Leo Vince not Vance and Hines
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to hans_groper Send a message via Skype™ to hans_groper
I don't want ANY exhaust that I have to repack the innards.Staintune would be my 1st choice but they are expensive.

Obama,get your hand out of my pocket,I can stimulate myself.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Repacking an exhaust is not hard it's just being careful with the fiberglass that is a pain. It's not something most people will have to do for the life of the bike anyway (or rather their length of ownership)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 09:30 PM

While getting my V Serviced a chap there had an er6n with the Akra slip on fitted, It had the most beautiful tone very Deep and Mellow and gave a nice low growl when he pulled away not obnoxious at all, like I've heard other pipes. Also with the baffle pipe in i think its about 2 or 3db quieter than stock too. its on my list ...but need to do Suspension first.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans_groper View Post
I don't want ANY exhaust that I have to repack the innards.Staintune would be my 1st choice but they are expensive.
You don't have to re-pack the Scorpion pipes.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 AM
VOz

I fitted an Akrapovic SP to my 12 V last week and it sounds a lot chunkier than that AK in the video. I have removed the inner siliencer.

I love this Exh, did at the same time I changed my rear sprocket from the 46tT to a 43T so the extre little bit of HP kind of ofset the loss in dropping sprocket teeth.

Get it, you won't regret it.

As a side note I just bought a used one on eBay in Sydney (my location) for just $190! Scored a spare for $440 cheaper than I just paid. What am I going to do with it though, lol. Curse my trigger finger.

Voz

Sydney, Australia
2012 Kawasaki Versys 650
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Jeez! A T-shirt and no gloves. Great endorsement for the manufacturer.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 07:03 PM

I'd call your description with the tuned ,humming sound fair. I think the Akra is more quiet than the stock ( even at higher rpms) , and I have no plans on removing the silencer. I'm loving the tone of it, the looks of it, extremely happy with this purchase. My only complaint about the exhaust is the sticker. Not that its not sticking well, but imo they should be having a nice plate or tag on it by now.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 12:11 PM

I think the Two Bros looks the best. As for sound, who knows? At this pooint I'm staying with the stocker. By the way, do all these slip-ons incorporate a catalytic converter?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOz View Post
As a side note I just bought a used one on eBay in Sydney (my location) for just $190! Scored a spare for $440 cheaper than I just paid. What am I going to do with it though, lol. Curse my trigger finger.
Sell it to me VOz, I'm up in Brizzy....is it in good nic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode