Self-mod seat 90% better! Air Hawk oh my GOD! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Self-mod seat 90% better! Air Hawk oh my GOD!

Self-mod my seat was about 90% better. Finally bought an Air Hawk! Best money ever spent hands down. Better than any seat ever! Thank you Air Hawk and free shipping! Awesome!!

Why don't they just put a factory air seat in the bike?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MTS; 06-03-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 04:29 PM

My Airhawk certainly out-performs my Corbin in the comfort/longevity of ride department. I just bought a Russell Day-Long seat and am curious to see how well it does on a long ride.

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Self-mod my seat was about 90% better. Finally bought an Air Hawk! Best money ever spent hands down. Better than any seat ever! Thank you Air Hawk and free shipping! Awesome!!

Why don't they just put a factory air seat in the bike?
Love mine too!

BTW, they are making them into seats, just not factory yet!

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Russel Day-Long I'll have to look that up and have a look?

Capn Kirk that looks awesome! After the air hawk I mean come on! No wonder they money back guarantee them! I wish I would have bought one sooner!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 09:08 PM

What size fits best on the versys? Also what is the REAL difference between Airhawk I and Airhawk II?

I would love to see how one would fit under an Alaskan sheepskin buttpad, or maybe make a pocket in the sheepskin pad that the Airhawk would slide into.... Would be nice!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbiotix View Post
What size fits best on the versys? Also what is the REAL difference between Airhawk I and Airhawk II?

I would love to see how one would fit under an Alaskan sheepskin buttpad, or maybe make a pocket in the sheepskin pad that the Airhawk would slide into.... Would be nice!
Medium Cruiser is perfect! 14.25" x 14.50" x 2". Air Hawk is more money and worth every penny! Longer warranty. Air Hawk II, not sure less money. Read reviews doesn't last as long.

Best money I ever spent!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Medium Cruiser is perfect! 14.25" x 14.50" x 2".
Yep!

Airkawk II is made with cheaper materials to make available a cheaper option. Should be similar in feel, though possibly not as durable.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 06:51 AM

I just picked up an Airhawk also. Huge improvement. I picked mine up through Amazon for a little under $130 shipped. That seemed like the best deal after I did limited research.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
MTS

Yep! $130 free ship! It works best with very little air and is just awesome!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 12:08 PM

Some people who can't afford an airhawk but need an occasional change from the bead/sheepskin get one of those inflatable neck pillows (like you use on an airplane) and just put a puff or two of air in it.

--
Tony
2002 Honda Goldwing
IBA #24737
(daytime)
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdatontodo View Post
Some people who can't afford an airhawk but need an occasional change from the bead/sheepskin get one of those inflatable neck pillows (like you use on an airplane) and just put a puff or two of air in it.
Now thats a great idea!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Apparently putting some bubble-wrap under a sheepskin cover works well too! I have an air hawk so I can't confirm...
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 10:04 PM

This past weekend I did 1500 miles sitting on my Airhawk 1 with my Alaskan Leather Sheepskin Butt Pad on top of it. Two 10 hour days and one 14 hour day and had no seat related complaints at all.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
That's my setup and it is nice. I just strap the Airhawk down to the seat then strap the butt pad to the seat... on top of the Airhawk and I'm good to go. I'll snap a picture in the morning and post.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys

Last edited by genehil; 06-05-2012 at 10:14 PM.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdatontodo View Post
I had that idea and tried it out. At the end of my 25km ride, it punctured and I weigh 65kg. I probably had too much air in it.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 06:10 AM

Sweet! Please do post a pic when you can.... I think this is the route I plan to go, as it gives maximum versatility

[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
That's my setup and it is nice. I just strap the Airhawk down to the seat then strap the butt pad to the seat... on top of the Airhawk and I'm good to go. I'll snap a picture in the morning and post.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Sweet! Please do post a pic when you can.... I think this is the route I plan to go, as it gives maximum versatility [email protected]
This shot makes it look like it would raise your riding position a great deal... but once you're on it and everything compresses down, I'd estimate it only adds an inch or less. I'm 5'8" and I don't have any significant problems with this setup.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 10:17 PM

Thanks!

I like it a lot. Airhawk will be the next purchase. I also like that it can go with me from bike to bike.... As much as I like the Versys, I tend to keep bikes for 2-3 years max. It's nice to know it can move with you to the next steed.

[email protected]
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Now that looks like a seat you can sit on for a couple of weeks!

Even if you have a new seat mod for your bike a person still needs the Air Hawk IMO. It is so awesome!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 02:21 AM

I am using this cushion cover. Looks like a mini spring mattress. Have no chance to test it out on long rides, but for 1 hour plus ride, there was no pain at all. When it rains, the water does not collect at the butt area, just flows off, leaving the butt to quickly dry off and the butt feels cooler.

Close up.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode