Two Bros Carbon Fiber - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Two Bros Carbon Fiber

About a month after I got my V, I ordered a Two Bros. Carbon Fiber slip-on off ebay and payed $350 for it. 11 months later it came apart. The end that the pipe goes into the can completely separated from the muffler body. I was blaming myself for a possible mis-installation but I followed there instructions to a T.
So since I love Two Bros so much I ordered another one. This time aluminum also $350.
When I installed it I noticed a part that didn't come with my carbon can......a bracket that attaches to the barrel clamp where the 2 pipes slip together. I think not having the bracket was definitely the source of the problem. $700 later it seems to be proper. When my carbon can came it wasn't in a Two Bros box and the parts were in ziplocs. When I got my aluminum can it was in a factory sealed Two Bros box and the parts were in sealed bags. So be careful getting cans off ebay. God I hate wasting money in a recession.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 08:00 PM

Wanna sell that busted can?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blz2dwl View Post
Wanna sell that busted can?
Hells yeah!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 08:26 PM

I can't tell for sure if its repairable, but I'm thinking it might be worth a shot. Maybe if I shortened the body I could re-rivet the end on. Who knows? It might just be a waste of money and time. What would it take to ship that thing to VA? PM me and we can talk more. Thanks.

B-
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 11:48 PM

Two Brothers advises to never let your bike idle for more than 5 minutes from startup with a carbon fiber can as it will cause failure of the carbon fiber material
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode