I just finished the Texas Adventure Ride
, including a couple hundred miles of dirt on my Versys, which is approaching 7k miles. So, I'm thinking now would be as good a time as any to do a bit of maintenance and mods. Here are my thoughts:
1) pull the fairings and tank
2) clean the OEM air filter, oil it and stick it back in
3) replace the spark plugs. From what I've read hear, the stock/original ones should be fine, but while it's all open, might as well, right?
4) throttle body sync. I've always wanted to make a glass bottle manometer
5) vacuum line mod. Simple with the bike open
6) I'll look into quieting by vibrating front end as well
7) sub-throttle plate removal? Links to how-to's here seem broken. Step-by-step anywhere? I'm likely to not do this one, unless someone here convinces me otherwise.
I bought this bike about 6 months ago, and haven't done anything but an oil/filter change and exterior farkles. So some of this stuff is more about knowing the current state of things (clean air filter, new plugs, synced throttles) than it is about actually correcting any current problems.
Anything else I should look at or tinker with while she's opened up?