Motowerk Front Peg Lowering Blocks - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Motowerk Front Peg Lowering Blocks

Installed them today. Made MUCH more of a difference than a thought they would. And somehow, they made the stock seat more comfortable. I rode for about an hour and I had much less discomfort from the seat than usual.

Great product!! I'd definitely recommend them to the long legged riders in here. (I'm 6'3" with a 33" inseam.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 PM

Got 'em, love 'em, recommend them as well. Top quality stuff.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownpete View Post
Got 'em, love 'em, recommend them as well. Top quality stuff.
+1

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 08:48 AM

Agreed. They make a world of difference. Especially for the lower back in my case.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yeah, much better ergonomically, for the hips, knees, back, seat, and handlebar reach as well... I feel more part of the bike, and not cramped up on it.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
X 5!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
This is something I am considering as the first thing to get sore on long rides is my knees, not my seat. Hoping someone who has these will post some detailed/close up pictures?. In particular In particular I am wondering how they will effect the brake and shift leaver placement.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 12:18 PM

For the stock Versys, Speedy's peg lowering blocks, flatfoot and mirror extenders are like parachutes to skydivers, not required but highly recommended IMHO.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 03:04 PM

Send a message via MSN to brokenhat
Hey twowheels where are you located, I'm in Amherst? Cheers,

Matt
2012 Versys, Vario ws, Barkbuster Storms, lowering blocks, flatfoot, Zumo GPS, Givi soft side bags, Axio tail bag, Wolfman Express tank bag
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 03:09 PM

I have them, and I like them. Their easy to install, and You need to adjust the brake and gear pedal a bit. But thats a piece of cake. Done in 20 minutes. I can recomend em! Even got a Christmas card with my order.

Ermax hugger, Givi trunk, Kawasaki touring screen, ep radiator cover, gipro ds, gear indicator, powerbronze headlight protector, motowerk footpeg lowering kit and paddock stand+ bobbins, leovince underbody exhaust.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
This is something I am considering as the first thing to get sore on long rides is my knees, not my seat. Hoping someone who has these will post some detailed/close up pictures?. In particular In particular I am wondering how they will effect the brake and shift leaver placement.

Didn't have to make any adjustments on the brake or shifter when i did mine..

025 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 04:22 PM

and note the stock peg goes on the outside of the block, don't try to force one inside the other.

--
Tony
2002 Honda Goldwing
IBA #24737
(daytime)
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 08:34 PM

I'm 6'3" and the MotoWerk lowering pegs made a nice comfort difference for me, too. I had to make some adjustments to the shifter and rear brake lever. The shifter is easy to adjust. The brake lever took a little more time for me. I bought the MotoWerk adjustable break lever nut as well and it helped get the brake lever a little bit lower to support the lower pegs. However, I don't think the aftermarket break lever nut is 100% necessary.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 03:08 PM

can anybody tell me if the pegs on the Versys1000 have the same mount as the 650?

many thanks in advance !!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleke View Post
can anybody tell me if the pegs on the Versys1000 have the same mount as the 650?

many thanks in advance !!
Yes they are.

See this link - http://www.versys1000.com/index.php/...2370.msg146141

Richard

at
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 PM

Yes, I swapped mine over from the 650

2013 Versys1000
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 01:35 AM

Garage
I'm a short arse and the lowering blocks made my bike more comfortable
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 03:38 AM

Thanks guys !! :-)
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Minor easy adjustment to shifter, none to brake lever (for me), in fact, the brake lever is now in a better ergonomic position.

Major adjustment for my knees, hips etc. Add Seat Concepts, slight tilt to handlebar and I have the perfect set up for 6' 3" and 34" inseam.

And, oh yeah, mirror extenders to view more than my shoulders... and Grip Buddies and Givi screen and Tuono mirrors...
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 01:25 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I think these are a great product but at the same time are not necessarily of benefit to everyone. I think for someone with long legs they would be a great addition, or for someone who spends a half day or more at a time in the saddle, but for the average all round rider with a 32inch inseam or less, I don't think they offer that much of an advantage.

I bought a set of the lowering pegs last year after reading great reviews on this site. I liked them for long trips on the highway where I was on the bike for several hours at a time, but I actually prefer the stock location for every day commuting and sportier riding. Have since removed these but may keep them to reinstall again before a long trip. In hindsight I would not have spent the money on these given my average size (5'11"/32in inseam, 170lb).

If you get sore legs on a long ride it is most often due to poor blood circulation in your legs. Shaking your legs, stopping and walking around, or just improving your general fitness level with walking can help a whole lot.

Last edited by twowheels; 03-13-2014 at 01:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode