Alternative to Fuzeblock - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Alternative to Fuzeblock

Just wanted to share this. I found a much simpler install for multiple constant connections for half the price of the Fuzeblock. It is also a little bit smaller, so guys that are running out of underseat storage may be interested also.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/p...an-a-fuseblock

For me this is perfect, I only need power for gps, a power socket, and eventually some driving lights. Although it is constant power and not switched, it is fused, and saves a lot of space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 09:24 AM

That looks cleaner than what I use

http://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-BP-15600-06-20-Quick-Connect/dp/B001BXKLNQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332426238&sr=8-1

--
Tony
2002 Honda Goldwing
IBA #24737
(daytime)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I installed the Fuzeblock under the left fairing, I don't have space under the seat.

pictures coming soon.

Versys 2015 Green

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 AM

It's simple, which I like, but you still need relays if you want devices to turn on/shut off with the key. I guess you could wire a relay to control this Powerlet contraption, but if you're doing all that a Fuzeblock does it all in a nice, tidy package. YMMV.

Is that really smaller than a Fuzeblock? Looks like more stuff going on...it all needs to go somewhere.

Anyway, thanks for sharing an option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by white26golf View Post
Just wanted to share this. I found a much simpler install for multiple constant connections for half the price of the Fuzeblock. It is also a little bit smaller, so guys that are running out of underseat storage may be interested also.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/p...an-a-fuseblock

For me this is perfect, I only need power for gps, a power socket, and eventually some driving lights. Although it is constant power and not switched, it is fused, and saves a lot of space.

Yea i've had that on my bike since April 2010. It works great and is easy to tuck out of the way.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 01:00 PM

Garage
Heres a photo before i tucked everything away..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-22-2014 at 12:42 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
It's simple, which I like, but you still need relays if you want devices to turn on/shut off with the key. I guess you could wire a relay to control this Powerlet contraption, but if you're doing all that a Fuzeblock does it all in a nice, tidy package. YMMV.

Is that really smaller than a Fuzeblock? Looks like more stuff going on...it all needs to go somewhere.

Anyway, thanks for sharing an option.
Quote:
Just wanted to share this. I found a much simpler install for multiple constant connections for half the price of the Fuzeblock.
Yeah, I was sharing a constant on connection for guys that didn't need a switched connection. I have a Fuzeblock, but never got around to installing it due to having tools and a Pack Jack taking up all the room under my seat. I decided the ability to do a little on the road maintenance was more important than having switched connections.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Heres a photo before i tucked everything away..
Can you post a pic of what it looks like all tucked away when you get a chance?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah, I was sharing a constant on connection for guys that didn't need a switched connection. I have a Fuzeblock, but never got around to installing it due to having tools and a Pack Jack taking up all the room under my seat. I decided the ability to do a little on the road maintenance was more important than having switched connections.

That was my situation also, I don't have space under the seat.
I bought the Fuzeblock more than a year ago, but only now I had the time to install it. It works perfectly under the left fairing and it's a very clean install.

Versys 2015 Green
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 03:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Can you post a pic of what it looks like all tucked away when you get a chance?
Wouldn't do any good. The last time it was neat in that area was in 2010. i've added all kinds of goodies and under the seat is full.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 03:17 PM

When I did mine, I just wanted to be able to keep the toolkit in place which I didn't do on my last Versys. That's why I have a small fuse block in the rear and relays elsewhere under the seat. This picture doesn't show the diodes I recently added near the fuseblock.

The OP's cable seems nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring_640.jpg (91.2 KB, 121 views)

--
Tony
2002 Honda Goldwing
IBA #24737
(daytime)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode