Back to stock exhaust. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Back to stock exhaust.

I loved the sound of the Jardine but found it too distracting so off it went. I was surprised by how much quicker the throttle response was in the under 6000rpm range where I normally ride. I suppose the bike may have been faster at high RPMs under full throttle but I couldn't really tell. I like being able to open up the throttle without worrying about alerting the cops or pissing off other motorists. It was fun while it lasted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 04:44 AM

I love the stock and quiet exhaust! I don't feel the need to draw attention to myself.

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 06:16 AM

I haven't put a loud pipe on any of my bikes since the mid 90's.

Guess I've grown up.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 07:15 AM

My friend has a Jardine on his V. Sounded real loud without the db Killer installed. Even the stock db Killer was still loud so he had it modified to something like Akra's db Killer. Well that was last year.

Recently, he decided to remove the db Killer and to our surprise, it sounded great and not as loud. He says he felt there was more at the low end. I am puzzled.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:35 AM

I like the motor sound as well, I'm also grown up too but the little lady don't know yet But seriously, the Versys motor sounds killer when you get on it...

I had the loud exhaust on the VTX and went back to stock with a few holes in the baffles, that was good enough for me...

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

I actually think loud pipes are noticeably safer in urban environments and have experienced this on several different bikes. People can't see you when they are staring at their cell phones but they can hear you. Anyway, I ride like Im invisible and everyone is out to get me. If I start getting too many close calls I will get something a little louder like a de gutted stocker or a Yoshi but the bike is just easier to ride with the stock exhaust and it is the best looking. My neighbors like me a little more I think. The design of the stock exhaust is brilliant. Well see how long this lasts.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 08:13 PM

I like the sound of my stock muffler and have no plans to change it.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
2007 Honda XR 650L
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 PM

Loud pipes are just annoying. Ask communities that ban motorcycles why they do it. It is also the reason why many municipalities and some states are coming with silly laws about stickers stating pipes comply with EPA noise regulations.

A few years ago south park came with an episode about it. Really funny stuff.

Those offended by mature language, dry humor or with south park in general should not follow this link.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...e12-the-f-word

Everyone else just watch and laugh.

Last edited by Boricua; 03-22-2012 at 09:29 PM.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Understand. I returned to the stock exhaust a couple of months ago and am not the least bit sorry I did. The sound of the Two Brothers can was awesome -for a few miles. Then it just became irritating and, more significantly, really tiring - at least for this senior citizen (pensioner to our British and Commonwealth friends).

Boils down to each his (or her) own.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Understand. I returned to the stock exhaust a couple of months ago and am not the least bit sorry I did. The sound of the Two Brothers can was awesome -for a few miles. Then it just became irritating and, more significantly, really tiring - at least for this senior citizen (pensioner to our British and Commonwealth friends).

Boils down to each his (or her) own.
The 2 Bro's are normally very free flow and loud, not my kind of muffler either.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 07:57 AM

I also like the sound of the stock exhaust. I've never been a fan of loud exhausts on any of my vehicles. I find them to be more annoying than helpful.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 10:11 AM

I like quiet, especially for long distance riding. Even the air intake on my 2005 Harley at 75mph was annoying after about 15 hours.

My '99 Harley was loud enough to set off car alarms, including one on a State Police car in front of my local Home Depot. When I sold it, I gave the buyer (a federal officer) the original slip ons.

--
Tony
2002 Honda Goldwing
IBA #24737
(daytime)
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
I love the stock and quiet exhaust! I don't feel the need to draw attention to myself.

Unfortunately this is all to true. I wonder if the good ol' boy on the cruiser was sitting in front of the Bar first?

Cheers!

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdatontodo View Post
I like quiet, especially for long distance riding. Even the air intake on my 2005 Harley at 75mph was annoying after about 15 hours.
Fifteen hours on a Harley?!?! Man, I have immense admiration for your fortitude, or at least your pain threshold.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 02:26 PM

Well there's loud and then there's obnoxious.

I really like how the V sounds in the 7K+ range with the stock muffler. Would like it a bit more big-bore-throaty sounding, but I didn't buy the bike because of how it did or did not sound.

However, years ago I had a 4-1 Micron on my GPZ1100 and absolutely loved the sound over stock. Other bikes it's been hit & miss.

I think I'll stick with the stocker on the V.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricua View Post
Loud pipes are just annoying. Ask communities that ban motorcycles why they do it. It is also the reason why many municipalities and some states are coming with silly laws about stickers stating pipes comply with EPA noise regulations.

A few years ago south park came with an episode about it. Really funny stuff.

Those offended by mature language, dry humor or with south park in general should not follow this link.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...e12-the-f-word

Everyone else just watch and laugh.
I watched this before work this morning. I came home and was push mowing my yard. A Harley went by (I was in the back yard) and it was so loud, it was muffling the sound of my push mower. You know what I said to myself....

For forever changing what runs through my mind when I hear an obnoxiously loud motorcycle,
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Nothing sounds worse than a Harley with straight drag pipes but they do sound great with the stock mufflers. I had a Sportster that I really liked, planning to buy an XR1200.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 09:27 PM

The louder the pipes... The shorter the dick.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 PM

"Back to Stock Exhaust"
Brought to you by Leo Vince USA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode