Er6n handlebars? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Er6n handlebars?

Has anyone tried to fit Er6n handlebars to the V. I like the height and I am thinking that it will already have the hole drilled in the bars since Kawi probably uses bin parts for the controls. They are 7/8 like the V which should make the swap easy enough. Before everyone says to go aftermarket I have already looked and ordered two sets of bars that I did not like. Almost all aftermarket 7/8 bars I could find had a cross bar and I dont want a cross bar. Any advice would help, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 12:04 AM

I have encountered one person who did the opposite, a Versys bar on the ER6n. The reason was the ER6 bars are narrower and makes it more difficult to turn. The ER6 doesn't turn as naturally as the Versys, so a wider bar helps it to turn better. He did try another bar prior to using the Versys one.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

I forgot about the width, good point. I was unable to locate dimensions for the Er6n bars

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 11:49 PM

A shorter width bars will have less protection for the fairings and radiator cowl in a drop. So is removing off the end bars in an event where a hand guard is installed. Try to keep the overall width of the bars stock or longer.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 02:28 PM

Although I wouldn't go wider than stock bars which are 29.5 . I recently switched bars on mine and went one inch wider to 30.5. Made handling twitchy and less stable in turns at speed. Reduced down to stock and no problem. Wider on this bike is not better.

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 10:24 PM

ER6 handlebars has shorter width. let's just ay that after riding on a versys, riding my friend's ER6 is kinda... weird.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode