Vance &Hines CS One... first impressions - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Vance &Hines CS One... first impressions

Got the exhaust from indysuperbikes yesterday, nice quick free shipping and a price I couldn't find close anywhere else, nice! Anyways, install is pretty easy, although i learned kawi puts their rearset bolts on MUCH tighter than the header screws... Great looking exhaust and quite a bit louder than OEM.
It's weird, i got used to the sewing machine hum... when i started her up with the new can on there i was like ....If Satan manifested himself in exhaust pipe form this would be him lol.

Couple of things so far... its not tremendously loud until you give it gas, in which it begins to howl at the moon. Another thing i noted that its quieter doing 30mph in town in 3rd than at idle

So far i'm not completely sold on it, but that's mainly because of the type of riding i do (ripping down backroads rather close to town on my breaks at 3am in the morning)... it's rather louder than i thought it would be, but some call that a good thing, and it sure does put a smile on my face when i get her crankin.

Oh performance wise... i can't really say much yet except it's lost a wee (and i mean wee) bit on the lower end... wheelies don't come as easy but i'm fairly sure 60 pops up on the speedo quicker (or maybe i'm just too busy listening to the exhaust)

I told myself when i bought the thing that if i didn't like it i could always toss the car muffler that came with it back on, and i stick by that. But so far the car muffler will stay in it's storage spot in the barn lol.

Internet pictures do this exhaust NO justice... it looks EVIL!!!!!!! IMO best looking exhaust for the V on the market.

The one thing that does make me a little uneasy is driving through town... during the day im not tremendously concerned but i do fear that i i get a little too enthusiastic with my right hand, every LEO in town will be haulin arse in my direction....and i really loathe driving anything in fear of tickets...

Oh another thing, deer (and any animal for that matter) no longer just looks at you...they run like hell! in about a half hour of driving i had 3 cats, a bunny, a skunk, countless deer, and a raccoon, run away, far away from the evil that was coming down the road... Animals definitely notice you more!
Anyways we'll see...no backfiring issues so far (hasn't done it once)...if i come across any more pros/cons i'll post em here

Bikes:
65cc Benelli Dynamo
Yamaha ttr-125
Kawasaki KX-125
Yamaha Yz426-f (current)
2010 Kawasaki Versys! (very current and loving it!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 05:14 AM

Looks like the best looking can ive seen so far for the versys. Congrats man..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ermax hugger, Givi trunk, Kawasaki touring screen, ep radiator cover, gipro ds, gear indicator, powerbronze headlight protector, motowerk footpeg lowering kit and paddock stand+ bobbins, leovince underbody exhaust.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 11:32 AM

I've been considering the Vanes&Hines for sometime now....perhaps after I get my tax return.
It sure looks sweet on the "V".
Congrats!!!!
Ride safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 10:03 PM

Agreed on the best looking can for the V.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Little update, 14 12 hour days in a row at work has kept me offline.

Mid range is definitely stronger and i still maintain you lose some lower end.
Top speed... hmm, funny i was one of those guys skeptical of aftermarket pipes having any effect on performance.. and yet here i am about to say this... top speed increased to ?? with the stock pipe i was only able to achieve 117 indicated going with the wind and slightly downhill... the other day i had it at 122 and still pulling gouing into 30mph winds slightly uphill... i'm baffled to be honest. i really didn't expect a slip on to do much in the way of usable performance, but hey, learn somethin every day right

So far comments i've gotten have been a thumbs up from a random guy in his driveway (although that might have been because it was snowing)... I've also gotten "it felt like you just woke up the entire neighborhood" (may have been ripping on it a bit for that one ) and it and i quote "...sounds like a four wheeler, but it's a good sound" lol

Anyways i'm pretty happy with it, i may try some other exhausts too and find out what i like best so if your in the market for a nicely discounted exhaust, keep your eye on the for sale section (probably won't be selling the CSone though hehehe....)

Bikes:
65cc Benelli Dynamo
Yamaha ttr-125
Kawasaki KX-125
Yamaha Yz426-f (current)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Another quick thing, only backfiring i've come across is when the engine isn't warmed up and it's very cold out (under 30F) on engine breaking OR If your railing on it, i've found that WOT a shift at about 9k produces a single pop backfire between gears, which i've taken quite a liking to lol... If your worried about resetting ECU's or having to buy a Power Commander, no worries, backfiring is rare

Bikes:
65cc Benelli Dynamo
Yamaha ttr-125
Kawasaki KX-125
Yamaha Yz426-f (current)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 03:23 PM

Ive had a factory, gutted factory, Jardine, Leo Vince SBK, and a Vance and hines. The V&H was my favorite, but it doesnt work with Givi 35 saddlebags and I don't think I could tolerate it for my iron butt rides. Sounds amazing though.

IBA # 49372
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode