New muffler, which type? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New muffler, which type?

Hi. Its that time of year when the bike is stuck in the garage bcause of winter, and some of us cant keep from upgrading our bikes..

I want to get a new slipon exhaust. Just wondering if any of you have the ixil dual system, and how satisfied you are with it.

Or maybe someone has a system they think is even better?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ermax hugger, Givi trunk, Kawasaki touring screen, ep radiator cover, gipro ds, gear indicator, powerbronze headlight protector, motowerk footpeg lowering kit and paddock stand+ bobbins, leovince underbody exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 12:04 PM

I have the LeoVince and I really like it. Its not to loud which most slip-ons are.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Think ill have to check prices on that here in Norway.. The dual ixil is allmost double the price of most other systems. So I dont mind a cheaper one.

Edit: Does it come with a o2 sensor hole?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ermax hugger, Givi trunk, Kawasaki touring screen, ep radiator cover, gipro ds, gear indicator, powerbronze headlight protector, motowerk footpeg lowering kit and paddock stand+ bobbins, leovince underbody exhaust.

Last edited by Supermann81; 01-23-2012 at 12:35 PM.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:14 PM
dkp

I went with a Muzzy and like it just fine. Went on easy, a little louder than I wanted but still not as loud as most harleys. 270 bucks from starcycle.com
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I like my Yoshi for looks and sound.But i have been thinking about trying a Scorpion oneday.

IMG_0452 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 06:58 PM

Arrow Slip On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I like my Yoshi for looks and sound.But i have been thinking about trying a Scorpion oneday.

IMG_0452 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Yeah, I tried the Arrow Pipe for 10,000 miles and it was great...however...my Yoshimura TRC Stainless sounds fantastic this Versys at 20,000 is a keeper...Thank You Kawasaki ...Oh...and check out the pipes coming out of the Queen Mary ship behind your terrific photo...I might try a Akropovic Pipe next !

2013 White 650 Versys...Purrs like a kitty cat...
2007 Yamaha WR250F...Dirt Ripper...
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 10:00 PM

I had a gutted factory muffler, too quiet.
Had a Vance and Hines, sounded awesome but won't work with GIVI 35 saddlebags.
Had a Yoshimura TRC-D carbon fiber muffler. Too loud for long trips, kinda dull drone. Good sound though. Kinda close to the swing arm.
Have (and am using) a LeoVince SBK (can, not the underbody with the carbon tip). It's loud without the db killer, but perfect with the db killer. It's loud under acceleration, and quiet when cruising down the road. I love it.

IBA # 49372
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Ive checked, and it seems the leovince is quite cheap here too. Half the price of the ixil dual can. :P I think i might order one. Once i get the time to visit the shop that is..

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

My Yoshi.Looks good & sound good with insert.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 01:57 AM

If anyone has a recent model Scorpion fitted, an opinion and pic would be appreciated...
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 04:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Here's an aftermarket exhaust comparison that'll give you an idea even if it's in french, with decibels shown compared to stock 89 db @ 4000 rpm, weights compared to stock 6620 grams, and dyno charts (ER6)... Scorpion's exhaust is 1 decibel louder than stock at 4000 rpm, and emits a particularly deep and racy exhaust note as mentioned in the comparison test, with the greatest peak power increase (+1.7 HP) and excellent mid-range gains. Scorpion's single-strand stainless steel packing with a ceramic mesh 'sock' cover never needs re-packing.

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/pro...html?autoid=29

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scorpion-Tit...item3f0f70c0c5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-E...item19c4044acc

Last edited by invader; 01-25-2012 at 07:01 AM.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 AM

Thanks Invader.....
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 07:09 AM

An imperceptible change in HP and more noise for the cost of a set of heated gear or a good Arai or Shoei helmet, just my 2cents but it sounds like a low return on investment.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
An imperceptible change in HP and more noise for the cost of a set of heated gear or a good Arai or Shoei helmet, just my 2cents but it sounds like a low return on investment.
Agreed. The Scorpion sounds nice, but I really like the look of the stock can. I'm sticking with stock.

CJ
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

For me, a part of the joy of riding a mc is both feeling and hearing the engine. It gives me great joy if i can hear a nice dark raspy note in the background while riding down narrow twisty b-roads. Besides, I normally only ride joyrides, maybe 3-4 hours long. So Im hoping i can find a can that looks good and enchanses the sound. The horsepower just comes as an added bonus if there is any gain. Plus, its nice to have a bike that stands out a little.

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Well heres a update. Ive just ordered myself a leovince underbody can for half the price of an ixil can. Ill post an update of my impressions when i get it and test it. And photos of course.

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 11:17 AM

I really liked my Akro.

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, ive considered the akrapovic too. It sounds deep and nice, but i desided to go for the leovinci because it sounds both deep and raspy in the comparisons ive seen. Plus, they claim a nice power gain troughout the revs.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 07:46 PM

I agree that the small performance gain hardly seems worth the trouble or expense. I thought I'd get a Leo Vince but its outlet pipe looks a bit, ahem, like the infamous Limp Sausage so I'll pass. I like the look of the stocker best and don't mind the sound. A droning exhaust is a drag. I wear earplugs to conserve my hearing.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 08:42 PM

Cool, post up a pic when you get it mounted up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode