19" Wheel Conversion - Page 4 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
FWIW - I have a 130/80x17 front on my '08, and its overall diameter is about the same as that of a 120/70x19, BUT I can't find that info on the 'Net at this time.
Thanks again. i am looking more into this for my Versys even though I am about to sell her. I am 6'4" and even with the bar risers I am hunch over while standing up. A quick question for Fast Eddie; Most of the tires in the size you are using are rear tires. Is there anything I should be aware of or look for (ie tread pattern differences) before buying a rear tire to stick on the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyhiking View Post
Thanks again. i am looking more into this for my Versys even though I am about to sell her. I am 6'4" and even with the bar risers I am hunch over while standing up. A quick question for Fast Eddie; Most of the tires in the size you are using are rear tires. Is there anything I should be aware of or look for (ie tread pattern differences) before buying a rear tire to stick on the front.
When I FIRST did it (using Metzler TOURANCE rubber), I just mounted the (rear) 130/80 on the front w/ the ARROW pointing forward (as did MOST of the others who used TOURANCE tires!), but NOW I'm using SHINKO E-705 tires, and THEIR 130/80 has TWO arrows, each marked for use either FRONT or REAR - so I just follow that arrow.

As an aside - I never had any handling issues when running TOURANCE rubbers as I indicated, NOR w/ any of the others I've run in size 130/80.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...I am 6'4" and even with the bar risers I am hunch over while standing up....
Have you used footpeg lowering blocks? I use the motowerk ones which lower them 1.3" (as well as 2" bar-risers), so much better 'standing' for ME!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 12:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Have you used footpeg lowering blocks? I use the motowerk ones which lower them 1.3" (as well as 2" bar-risers), so much better 'standing' for ME!
I do have the footpeg lowering blocks. I added the motoworks bar riser but it isn't more than an inch. I could maybe do some rox risers in addition. I hope I ordered enough length on the break lines in case I go for it, What about clutch and throttle lines. anyone know if there is enough to go 3" additional?
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 08:19 PM

Red face

Quote:
I do have the footpeg lowering blocks. I added the motoworks bar riser but it isn't more than an inch. I could maybe do some rox risers in addition. I hope I ordered enough length on the break lines in case I go for it, What about clutch and throttle lines. anyone know if there is enough to go 3" additional?
I have had 3-inch Rox risers on mine for the past 3 seasons. The clutch cable needs to be moved behind the triple tree. That's it.

Good luck!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
I have had 3-inch Rox risers on mine for the past 3 seasons. The clutch cable needs to be moved behind the triple tree. That's it.

Good luck!
THAT is VERY useful info...!

THANKS!
quexpress likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 07:18 PM

Garage
Here’s mine. Using a 130/80r17 shinko 705 upfront and a 150/70r17 in the rear. The front/rear diameter needs to be close in size to one another to not throw the ABS off. I was the other mentioned Versys owner with this upgrade. I’m looking at changing to a 19” DL1000 rim soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78F3BF7B-22E2-4F0C-A3D9-6B57C4DA2FA7_1560039507938.jpg (21.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 5E0F24A7-69A8-439F-BB08-67D8BA522B3E_1560039529152.jpg (21.3 KB, 8 views)

16', Versys 650 LT, Black w/ modifications
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode