Power Commander V - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Power Commander V

I just have installed my new PCV + AutoTune but there's something wrong. It looks like the AutoTune is not being recognized by the PC module. There's no AFR reading in the software screen neither the bottom right light for AutoTune (should be ON). I tested the 02 sensor and it works fine, for me, it's something about the communication between both modules. I tested the connection cable (they're two cables, a white and a green one) and they're fine.
Customer Service responded but they're not much effective (that's just my opinion). I update three times the firmware as they told me but the problem remains. Technical information available is bad... no well explained procedures are available for each step... I can't find a troubleshoot table neither....!
Any ideas???

it is what it is...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 04:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The PCV and the auto tune have two connections on them. One connection of each will be used to connect the two devices together. The other two open connections should have the black plastic CAN termination plugs in them. Those black plugs are not just for looks, they have a jumper wire in them to complete the CAN system.

You also need to seal off your PAIR valve (air hose from airbox to valve cover) if you haven't already.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Thank you Invader... that was the problem... the black plastic terminal in the AutoTune module.
By the way, I read again all instructions and I do not see anything about that Pair Valve... where is it located?
I also think I will have to set the throttle position numbers manually. I do what the manual says (turn engine off, reset, then open throttle and close and click OK) but there´re no changes in the Min. & Max. numbers... any thoughts?

it is what it is...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

I asked to the Dynotech tech service about the pair valve and the guy say YES, you have to block it!
It's incredible how they can develop such a bad or incomplete manual. He alsotold me that throttle calibration should be done with the engine running (completely different from the manual)... but as a product, the PCV is awesome... I noticed how my bike is getting better.
Just load a simple map from their web and Autotune begins to do the job!

it is what it is...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Can't the throttle calibration be done with engine off and ignition on?

I sealed off the air suction valve on the valve cover with 1/4" aluminum plate, and the air source on the airbox with RTV silicone. I also removed the air switching valve unit by connecting its two wires together to prevent triggering the 'FI' warning light. Seal off plates are also available pre-made in pairs.
You could just plug up the hose near the airbox and leave the switching valve in place and connected.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

I already do that... easy job.
Finally I could get readings from the TPS but they´re weird... let me explain to you:
With the voltimeter installed I get 1.078V but at full throttle I can´t get more than 3.99V
Then, when I connect the PCV to my computer, that value increases to 1.88V in the voltimeter and the PCV software shown a value of 1.180V
This is crazy!
After many tests I decide to use the readings from the PC screen on my computer... set at 1.078V so disconnecting everything, the voltimeter reading is a little less.
Thank you Invader... I appreciate your help on this!

it is what it is...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode