Ebay oil filter question?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ebay oil filter question??

I was wondering...anybody ever have use any one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWAS...#ht_5225wt_939

I`m not trying to be El Cheapo, but i figured it doesn`t look like a bad deal, know what i mean? btw any down side if these are use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It is a good filter, but you can get them for less through your motorcycle dealer.

http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/emgo.shtml

They're also available with Microglass 10 micron element (# 10-82232). Standard Emgo # 10-82230 has a 20 micron filter element.

"EMGO‘S MICROGLASS OIL FILTERS STOP ALMOST 100% OF THE HARMFUL PARTICLES INSIDE YOUR ENGINE! REGULAR FILTER MEDIA TRAPS PARTICLES OVER 20 MICRONS IN SIZE. OUR SYNTHETIC MICROGLASS MEDIA TRAPS PARTICLES OVER 10 MICRONS IN SIZE DEAD IN THEIR TRACKS! WHILE OFFERING SUPERIOR FILTRATION AND OIL FLOW. OUR DYNO TESTING HAS SHOWN A HORSEPOWER GAIN!"

http://www.emgo.com/catalogs/filter-mirror-2010.pdf

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EMGO-...item5adc8f6e6f
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 09:28 AM

I use Purolator Pure One. (It's what the guy in the above tests uses in his cars, BTW) They're available everywhere, usually for about $6, and my car and motorcycle use the same one...

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

ok thanks...most likely i will be getting them.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Buy Once Buy Right. motosport.com has the best price

IMG_0120 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-10-2011 at 10:44 AM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 07:44 PM

I like and use the K&N 303

07 Kawasaki Versys + Farkles
MRA Vario Windscreen, Acerbis Dual Road Handgaurds + LEDs, Oxford Heated Grips, Xenon & LED Headlight, Tail Light Flasher, Moto Werk Flat Foot, Mirror Extenders & Foot Peg Lowering Blocks, Rad Gaurd, Fenda Extender, Powerbronze Rear Hugger, Stebel Nautilus Airhorn, T Rex Frame Sliders, Extended Rear Spools, Monster Energy Tank Protector, Magnitic Drain Plug, 12V Power Port, Tom Tom GPS, Xena XX14 Lock Alarm, Givi 409, 464, 449 Bags & Monokey Rack + Kappa 48L Case
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 05:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versystole View Post
I use Purolator Pure One. (It's what the guy in the above tests uses in his cars, BTW) They're available everywhere, usually for about $6, and my car and motorcycle use the same one...
Likewise. Available at just about every auto parts store in town. I think I paid around $8 for them.

'11 Versys
'07 KTM 250 XC-F
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I am with original Kawa filter. Only problem is Environment. each 4000Km i am throwing one in the trash . I use K&N for my car, might just switch to one of those washable ones. Maybe K&N....

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 08:32 PM

Been thinking of the reusable ones like what Weljo is using but darn that high shipping cost to ship Internationally. Like the idea of a heat sink to cool the oil and keeping the earth greener by reducing the land fill.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 08:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daMax View Post
Been thinking of the reusable ones like what Weljo is using but darn that high shipping cost to ship Internationally. Like the idea of a heat sink to cool the oil and keeping the earth greener by reducing the land fill.
Stlee29 got one recently not sure what it cost to ship there.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Stlee29 got one recently not sure what it cost to ship there.
It cost him a bomb! I can hear his pocket goes 'kaboom!'

The cheapest I can find is from eBay but it still doesn't make financial sense. Just waiting for my friends to go to the US and get me one

Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 10:17 PM

A review of a reusable oil filter but on cars.

http://www.circletrack.com/enginetec...s/viewall.html

Conclusion:
-No increase in HP
-higher coolant temperature
-no significant change in oil pressure

Previous Ride:
My V's Farkle Log:
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:

Kaboom X3. Total cost for the PC Flow oil filter was SGD 186, RM 456 or USD$145. It was the shipping that was expensive.

Anyway, I am happy with the filter. Looks good, functional and the bike fast warms up faster. Kabooms sounds more to Vrooms now.

Thanks, Weljo for the website. Save me a couple $$$ there.
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/index.php?cc=SG

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 11:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlee29 View Post
Kaboom X3. Total cost for the PC Flow oil filter was SGD 186, RM 456 or USD$145. It was the shipping that was expensive.

Anyway, I am happy with the filter. Looks good, functional and the bike fast warms up faster. Kabooms sounds more to Vrooms now.

Thanks, Weljo for the website. Save me a couple $$$ there.
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/index.php?cc=SG

Anytime glad you liked it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 03:12 AM

Quote:

The cheapest I can find is from eBay but it still doesn't make financial sense. Just waiting for my friends to go to the US and get me one
wanna buy and split the shipping costs?

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 01:29 PM

I have been using Emgo filter for years in a number of bikes, I get them at DK for around $6. I have used both types the regular and Micro Glass. I understand the Micro Glass has better filter material ( It also says Horsepower in a box on them, I don't know how that is possible) but there is less of it. For the most part I use the regular kind and in all the years I have never had a problem with the filters, as to witch does a better job, I have no idea.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 05:22 PM

I use the Super-Tech ST7317 from Wal-Mart, the same one I've been using w/o problem for years on my 1st gen FZ1. It costs about $3 and best of all, it's made in America. Usually I pay extra for something made in America.

Larry aka Charliedog
Bristol, TN

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedog View Post
I use the Super-Tech ST7317 from Wal-Mart, the same one I've been using w/o problem for years on my 1st gen FZ1. It costs about $3 and best of all, it's made in America. Usually I pay extra for something made in America.
X 2!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 11:45 AM

I got a Scott's oil filter from ? Well I don' t actually remember when I got it or why. I will use it next oil change if i don't have any nore regular filters laying around.Anyways It is reusable like the Motorsport one and has some good reviews. Not sure if anyone here has used it before but it is reusable. Here is the link

Scott's oil filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode