Motowerk Lowering Kit - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Motowerk Lowering Kit

I just finished installing the Motowerk Lowering Kit. Since it changes the angle of the rear mono shock in relation to the swing arm, Is there any compromise with it's dampening or rebound function? Any noticeable or negative changes in the handling of the Versys? Do the rear suspension settings need to be adjusted to compensate for the change in geometry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 PM
ggg

Ride it, everyone is different when it comes to advice on suspension, but i dont think you will need any adjustment on the preload or rebound at the rear, from what i can see it increases the steering rake as it dops the rear by 48mm but you cant lower the front by the same amount therefore it will be harder to turn into corners but more stable in a straight line, post up your findings after a few rides.

motowerks should offer a kit that drops the rear buy only as much as the forks can slide up so the bike is lower at both ends by the same amount.

Last edited by ggg; 07-30-2011 at 10:02 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:04 AM

You didn't say anything about it but if you haven't, you need to lower your tripple tree on your forks to level the bike out. Other than that, adjust the spring and dampen to suit your taste, but unless you are an ace race track runner, I doubt you'll notice any difference.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
I was worried about handling and feel changes too but I am very happy with the the kit. I lowered my front end to the lowest it can go and I think I might raise it back up a bit. Other than that I can't really find a negative side effect for the kit.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 08:59 AM
DR_

It would have been pretty easy for Motowerk to add additional holes to the top and/or bottom to make it adjustable. I have the kit but it is too low for me and will be taking it off soon to get a more appropriate drop.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.... yes, I did also lower the front forks/triple tree....

KJ

2013 Suzuki V-Strom
2013 Honda CRF 250L
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650-ADV
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Yamaha TW200
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan
1979 Suzuki GS425 (long gone)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 10:29 PM

The thing I noticed the most was how much more I felt in control of the bike. I put it on after dropping the bike on the right side at a stop sign. The ground sloped down and to the right and the V just leaned a little too far that way. No damage to anything except my pride. It just feels better lowered haven't noticed any change to the handling.

Green 2009 Versys <GIVI V35 Hardcases w/green OEM trim & admore light kit> <GIVI V46NF Monokey Top case w/integrated stoplight> <GIVI PLX447 sidecase mount> <GIVI 447FZ topcase mount> <Speedy's Lowering Kit with Flatfoot> <Front of seat raised 9/16"> <Speedy's peg lowering kit> <Aprillia Tuono mirrors> <Speedy's vibe dampening handlebar risers> <RAM handlebar GPS mount> <Speedy's swingarm spools> <Givi D405ST windshield> <Barkbuster VPS handguards> <Madstad adj windshield mount>
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 PM

The thing I noticed most was how much easier it was to get the bike off the side stand. I didn't have to wrestle it upright, it didn't feel so darn top heavy. The bike still leans far enough that I'm not worried it will tip over to the right-maybe it's just my V, but I was really concerned how far it leaned over on the side stand from the moment I bought it. Problem fixed.

Larry aka Charliedog
Bristol, TN

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Drop the front and adjust the damper and spring setting to your ride.

Easy way for lowering the V or go the expensive way by changing the back suspension-http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-278.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode