Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ATV High bars

IM gonna order these today unless somebody tells me they wont fit

"Pro Taper SE Series 7/8" Standard Handlebars - ATV High/Jet Black"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 12:17 PM

That's exactly what I bought. They fit fine on my bike, position is similar to stock just a bit wider. The only catch is you either need to file off the plastic pins in the control pods or drill holes in the bars for them. If you file the pins off you'll need electrical tape to secure the pods. I took the bar off again because it provided no change in the vibration characteristics. However as they don't have nuts welded on the end I may put them back on again with a bar snake someday when I have money again.

1982 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk
2009 Green Versys
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Crap, vibration was the whole point of getting them... How are some people getting relief from vibrations with aluminum bars? Or have I been mis-reading the posts?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 05:41 PM

I have a 2011 and have no problem at all with vibration anywhere pegs or handlebars. From what I've read it seems it was a pre-2010 problem?

2013 Versys1000
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
Crap, vibration was the whole point of getting them... How are some people getting relief from vibrations with aluminum bars? Or have I been mis-reading the posts?
I bought grip puppies. Really tamed the hand fatigue for me. Plus I like the bigger "cruiser grip".

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Grip puppies were on my list, but I was going to start with bars 1st. Hmm, back to searching posts. Perhaps the speedys riser+puppies...

V-coaster, mine is an '09. And the vibes never really bothered me until I started taking full day trips in west Texas. Maybe its the high speeds, I dunno. But my right hand was numb for a day after my last ride... Plus i wouldnt mind being able to use my left side mirror now and then.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 08:03 PM

+1 on Grip Puppies. A very inexpensive mod that has a high bang/buck ratio.

I did Pro Taper CR High bars on Rox 2" risers and that took a lot of the vibration out and the Grip Puppies tamed the majority of what was left. I put billet bar end mirrors on the end of my CR High's and that helped a bunch too...kind of like the bar ends on the stock bars do.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 10:55 PM

Yeah the Pro Tapers seem to be the way to go but I'd read some people had had luck with the 7/8ths aluminums and figured it was worth a gamble. And I take it back that it had no change. I remember now that the right grip was actually better but the left grip was even worse to the point where even 5 minutes on it would set my palm a tingling. I've got a new set of Oury grips sitting in their box, maybe I'll throw the bar back on and try again with those installed.

1982 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk
2009 Green Versys
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
Grip puppies were on my list, but I was going to start with bars 1st. Hmm, back to searching posts. Perhaps the speedys riser+puppies...

V-coaster, mine is an '09. And the vibes never really bothered me until I started taking full day trips in west Texas. Maybe its the high speeds, I dunno. But my right hand was numb for a day after my last ride... Plus i wouldnt mind being able to use my left side mirror now and then.
Speedy has got anti Vib risers and has been posted somewhere here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode