LeoVince Products - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
LeoVince Products

HERE IS THE LINK
Does anybody have any of these? Do you have GOOD sound clips, not just the one from LeoVince copied onto all the products they sell? How much difference does the quiet insert make? How close do these sit to the rear tire? Has anyone done an actual dyno test with it? (Yes, I know they have charts up, and they are surely not biased.) How is the quality and durability of the finish? QUESTIONS!

Now . . .how about a few answers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBA # 49372
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Sorry using yoshi and the difference between insert and non insert is about 6 ~ 8 db. Measured it myself at work site.

Running with insert now.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I believe CJ Brown has the first pipe shown.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 02:49 PM

I just ordered the SBK OVAL EVOII pipe, it should be here later this week and Ill post some feedback once it is installed. I have ran Leo pipes on sportbikes in the past and have always been impressed with their quality.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 03:19 PM

I have the first one pictured. Fantastic piece, fit and finish are first rate. Improves the sound quality leaps and bouds with out being too loud. No fittment issues whatsoever. Highly reccomend this pipe.

2009 Versys Green
2007 Triumph Sprint St
2003 Kawasaki ZX9R
2000 Honda VFR
1997 Kawasaki ZX9R
1986 Honda VF500 Interceptor
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenwclark View Post
I just ordered the SBK OVAL EVOII pipe, it should be here later this week and Ill post some feedback once it is installed. I have ran Leo pipes on sportbikes in the past and have always been impressed with their quality.
I've had one for two years. It's quiet with the dB killer in, and kind of loud with it out. You'll want to plug the PAIR hose so the exhaust doesn't pop on decels. It plugs in on the top of the airbox. All I did was pull the hose off, shove a marble in it, and replace the hose. PAIR is not needed when the catalytic converter is removed.

One nice thing is that there's a boss for an O2 sensor in case you ever want to install a Power Commander V with Autotune.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 07:01 PM

Yes, EVOII on mine. Yes, love it. Got one of the first ones they brought to the states.

It sits about a half inch from the rear tire with a 150/70 and stock sprockets.

I bought it mostly for sound, can't stand the honda lawnmower sound for any bike.

I think it gives a little bump on the power, butt dyno only.

Here's my thread post with pics on the install:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ight=leo+vince

Even my neighbors have said it has a nice sound, not too loud. Without the insert its too loud for street.

EDIT: TTPETE - what's a 'pair' hose? Mine doesn't pop 'till you just turn the throttle back up on decel, then it pops once in awhile. Kind of cool actually, sounds like one of those GP bikes.

I don't think you can tell anything from a sound clip on the internet. JMHO.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD

Last edited by CJBROWN; 07-20-2011 at 07:04 PM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

. . .bit of a budget issue . . .the "my Ford Ranger decided it didn't want a straight drive shaft and turned it into a pretzel" type of issue . . .so I'll be going with the SBK OVAL EVOII ALUMINUM. The $350 one. The cheap one.

IBA # 49372
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 11:33 PM

I paid just a few bucks more than that, they were giving out discount coupons at the races. A lot of product manufacturers do that at those types of events. I got 20% off SIDI boots from the Long Beach Cycle Show. You never see those discounted at in-store or online retailers.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
I paid just a few bucks more than that, they were giving out discount coupons at the races. A lot of product manufacturers do that at those types of events. I got 20% off SIDI boots from the Long Beach Cycle Show. You never see those discounted at in-store or online retailers.
If you find all the racetracks in the USA, Iowa is the farthest from all of them. Except for the one IN Iowa.

IBA # 49372
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
Yes, EVOII on mine. Yes, love it. Got one of the first ones they brought to the states.

It sits about a half inch from the rear tire with a 150/70 and stock sprockets.

I bought it mostly for sound, can't stand the honda lawnmower sound for any bike.

I think it gives a little bump on the power, butt dyno only.

Here's my thread post with pics on the install:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ight=leo+vince

Even my neighbors have said it has a nice sound, not too loud. Without the insert its too loud for street.

EDIT: TTPETE - what's a 'pair' hose? Mine doesn't pop 'till you just turn the throttle back up on decel, then it pops once in awhile. Kind of cool actually, sounds like one of those GP bikes.

I don't think you can tell anything from a sound clip on the internet. JMHO.
The PAIR system injects air into the exhaust to help the cat burn off hydrocarbons. It's not necessary when the cat is removed, and the excess air causes popping on decels. Other than that, there's no effect on anything.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 11:15 AM

I just installed the Leo Vince SBK EVOII OVAL Aluminum pipe on my 08 Versys. I would have gone for the EVOII underbody if I had more money but Im on a tight budget so the less expensive OVAL had to do. Plus if I decide to do any off-roading in the future the OVAL will be more durable than the Underbody.

Installation was relatively easy. I had to loosen the header bolts to get the stock muffler off the bike as there isnt enough clearance to the rear wheel to get the muffler out.

The Leo pipe fit well and sits about half an inch from the rear tire, it is pretty close but my chain is slack so the rear wheel needs to be moved back anyway. Once the wheel is back a little there will be plenty of clearance. Clearance would only be an issue with this pipe if you were running significantly different tires than stock.

With the quiet insert the pipe sounds great, I was worried that it might be a bit too loud but its not. It has a more throaty sound than stock and sounds great. I will try and capture some sound clips when I get a chance.

I have used Leo pipes in the past and their quality is always top-notch. Im really happy with this pipe on the Versys so far.

Here are some pics
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 03:53 PM

Hello.... I have the EVOII UNDERBODY SS and itīs great. Itīs very light compared with the OEM exhaust and sounds great. I take out the insert the other day and sounds much more but for me, itīs too loud for the city. For highway itīs great and the bike feeling is different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LeoVince.jpg (407.4 KB, 249 views)

Last edited by kurt; 07-27-2011 at 03:56 PM.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

IBA # 49372
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

IBA # 49372
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode