Cramp Busters - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Cramp Busters

I am new to biking and just wondering if the product "cramp buster" or a similiar product is worth buying ? Let me know of any good sites to buy such a product. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 08:36 PM

Thumbs up Good Product

Quote:
Originally Posted by versysnewbrunswick View Post
I am new to biking and just wondering if the product "cramp buster" or a similiar product is worth buying ? Let me know of any good sites to buy such a product. Thanks
It is a good product and ordering directly from the cramp buster website is the cheapest way to puchase.

“Don’t bother me with DETAILS!”
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 11:02 PM

yes

"Respect the Ride if you don't you Won't"
"A man's got to know his limitations"

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 11:06 PM

They're great. If you want a better setup, get Kuryakyn grips and throttle bosses. Looks and feels better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBA # 49372
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 11:08 PM

I wouldn't go further then the corner store without mine....
Also, was my very first add-on.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 PM

Works good.

I use it on my ZX-6R and my Versys. I use it for long highway runs and pop it off when on the street. Takes a little getting used to since it interferes with the normal way your hand wraps around the bars during stop and go riding.

Buddy has the throttlemeister but i dont like the way it makes the bars look long on his ZX-6R.

Pearl Chrome Yellow/Metallic Violet Royal
02 Kawasaki Ninja 250 -sold
Lime Green 09 Kawasaki Ninja 650 -sold
Candy Plasma Blue 09 Kawasaki Versys - [UJM 2.0! ]
Lime Green 09 Kawasaki ZX-6R -(my little green ticket factory)

"Make it a day to remember. Go ride."
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

I'm going to be the negative hold out on this one. Just be careful when you first get it. I had a buddy that got a used bike that came with it already installed. He wasn't to careful and almost crashed within the first week because he got tangled up in it.

I have a Breakaway throttle lock. Very much not cheap, but love it. Won't work as designed with non-standard grips though; but it can be made to work...

Steve

IBA #37625 (Earned in 98 Awarded in 2009... Yeah I'm a little lazy sometimes...)

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 09:20 AM

I'm a new owner and I'm at work - what's our grip diameter? Thanks.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerockz View Post
Just be careful when you first get it.
+ 1
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 01:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
I'm going to be the negative hold out on this one. Just be careful when you first get it. I had a buddy that got a used bike that came with it already installed. He wasn't to careful and almost crashed within the first week because he got tangled up in it.
I will agree with lonerockz on this one. I used a crampbuster on a long trip last year. I did not like the way it limited my ability to apply the brakes as I am used to. I have not used it since.

I ride two hours each way to work. I am thinking that I might try the crampbuster again, but I am not sure.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 05:42 PM

I use this. works great and easily changes from bike to bike.

http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm going to be the negative hold out on this one. Just be careful when you first get it. I had a buddy that got a used bike that came with it already installed. He wasn't to careful and almost crashed within the first week because he got tangled up in it. ...
One of my friends had a bad crash turning right at parking-lot speeds when his hand forced the 'cramp buster' toward full throttle as it was caught between his hip and grip at full lock, while U-turning on a hilly driveway. Ended up under his Bandit till someone saw him and helped get it off him.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by versysnewbrunswick View Post
I prefer "throttle rocker" over "cramp buster"
The difference is in the curve of the plastic. The cramp buster is straight across and cuts off circulation to my hand where the throttle rocker is more curved to the shape of the hand.
Personal preference I guess, but a good accessory for long rides.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:28 AM

I did not like it at for around town. It made braking more difficult and on tight turns it was too easy to hit the paddle and accelerate unexpectedly. Almost got into a couple of slow speed accidents in parking lots, etc.

On long straight rides it was great, but since I commute in town more than freeway ride, I ended up returning it to my shop.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 12:43 PM

just like "sign_guy" my 1st add on. best $11 i've ever spent...
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 01:15 PM

I understand the concerns about using the crampbuster. However, it should be noted that there are two different widths that are produced. I use the narrower version and have never had a problem using it. I place the crampbuster as far to the outside of the throttle as possible. I only install it for long rides. I only rest the outside of my palm on it. Having said that, I could see how during some type of emergency manuever, my wrist could unintentionally push down on it.

Dark Arrow Slip-On Exhaust, Spencer's Seat, Alaskan Sheepskin Buttpad, Givi Windshield, Givi E460 Topcase, SW Motech Crashbars, SW Motech Alu-Rack, Cortech Sport Soft Saddlebags/Tailbag, 16T Front Sprocket, Kawasaki Z-1000 Mirrors, Speedy's Handlebar Riser, Speedy's FlatFoot, MFW Highway Pegs, Gerbings Heated Gloves
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 01:26 PM

Crampbusters

I've used the wide verson for a few years on a snowmobile (ski trail grooming - hours & hours at ~15 km/h), and now have the narrow version on my Versys. They are great for cruising on the highway, and you can even adjust the position as a pseudo cruise control. As noted, they can get in the way for stop-start, in-town riding. When I get off the highway and into town, I rotate the rest so that it is not in the way (pointed down & opposite to where my hand moves up/down) - I can grab a handfull of brake and rip the throttle up & down with no interference.

Last edited by motobjorn; 07-19-2011 at 01:28 PM.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 11:42 PM

I got one and removed it after the first ride with it. It is in some drawer in the garage. It might be nice when you need it but a nuisance when you dont. Installed a universal vista cruise instead. Non intrusive until needed and only $21
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Nice to have it and get some relaxed motion on your grip on long rides. works without any interference on your throttle motion.

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchustlr View Post
I prefer "throttle rocker" over "cramp buster"
The difference is in the curve of the plastic.
+1. Also bought the left side to give my palm a rest on the clutch side. Feels natural and gives my hands a "home" each time I grab.

Crampbuster is straight:

Throttle Rocker is curved naturally to the hand:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode