oversized Piston Inquery - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
oversized Piston Inquery

I just would like to know if anyone might me interested in oversized pistons before i get custom ones made. lemme know if you want into my group buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

so i will wait 5 months if anyone needs to save up for them. they should cost the same as the JE pistons but they will be for a bigger bore. later next month i will send out the jug to see what the biggest piston i can use is.

thanx updates soon
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 09:13 PM

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the Versys cylinders have a hard chrome plating applied directly on the aluminum cylinder walls. To bore those cylinders for larger pistons you would have to be able to rechrome the cylinders which might be tricky.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 10:26 PM

Also very little material between the cylinders...maybe a stroker is a better option. Good luck, but my question is why?

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicyclebob View Post
Also very little material between the cylinders...maybe a stroker is a better option. Good luck, but my question is why?
well the coating is no biggie there is a place in AZ that does it. and the fact is i want to see what the max possiblities are for this motor. it seems to be very very restricted from the factory. the shop that i send the cylinders to will tell me my options for pistons or a stroker. plus even if i put the money into it i will make it back in 2.5 years on the cheaper insurance alone. plus it will be one of a kind until i do it for someone else.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
"We do not use high compression pistons. JE pistons weigh more than stock. Heavier parts move slower. We run stock pistons, with a milled head and cylinder. Depending on the track, we use different combos of Versys and 650R cams. (A cheap route, is to install a Versys intake cam in your 650R, and put the 650R intake cam in the exhaust.) We have billet cams ready to grind, but until we start getting some requests, they will stay in the unground form. Proper porting & compression nets the biggest gains.
Stock rods stretch a lot faster. Not a big problem, until you start getting over 75 hp. My engine builder is currently building some flat track engines. One is a 700cc, the other 750 using stock bore/rod length, with stroked crank and custom built pistons, with pin location moved. Those should be in the 90+ hp range."

Gary "BRP"
http://www.blueridgeperformance.net/
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
"We do not use high compression pistons. JE pistons weigh more than stock. Heavier parts move slower. We run stock pistons, with a milled head and cylinder. Depending on the track, we use different combos of Versys and 650R cams. (A cheap route, is to install a Versys intake cam in your 650R, and put the 650R intake cam in the exhaust.) We have billet cams ready to grind, but until we start getting some requests, they will stay in the unground form. Proper porting & compression nets the biggest gains.
Stock rods stretch a lot faster. Not a big problem, until you start getting over 75 hp. My engine builder is currently building some flat track engines. One is a 700cc, the other 750 using stock bore/rod length, with stroked crank and custom built pistons, with pin location moved. Those should be in the 90+ hp range."

Gary "BRP"
http://www.blueridgeperformance.net/
whats up brp?

anyways i am paying my bike and my car off by christmas. so i need to get all my measurements and research done by then. I would like an ignition control module so i can change my timing and adj cam gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode