Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Speedy's Anti-Vibe Riser Installed

Very Simple Install.

IMG_0147 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0146 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0145 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question How do they function

So! How do they function?
We want to know all of the details!
Are they worth the upgrade from standard bar risers to anti vibration bar risers?

“Don’t bother me with DETAILS!”
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
So! How do they function?
We want to know all of the details!
Are they worth the upgrade from standard bar risers to anti vibration bar risers?
Well without any scientific data to back up what i say it would just be my opinion of the product. And you know what they say about opinions.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Does it work? No visible rubber damper. Did you see what's beneath the lower part?

http://motowerk.com/VersysAntiVibrat...ebarRiser.aspx

http://motowerk.com/Documents/Kawasa...structions.pdf

Regular handlebar riser is hollow compared to the anti-vibe riser:

http://motowerk.com/handlebarriserversys.aspx

Last edited by invader; 05-28-2011 at 09:55 PM.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 10:24 PM

BTW, there's some big chrome thing sticking out of the left side of that riser. Did it come that way? Looks like a defect to me. I'd ask for my money back.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by objectuser View Post
BTW, there's some big chrome thing sticking out of the left side of that riser. Did it come that way? Looks like a defect to me. I'd ask for my money back.

That would be my cup holder mount.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 10:29 PM

Oh, cool. Looks good.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 11:28 AM

Did you have to anything with the cables or hoses?
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybummm View Post
Did you have to anything with the cables or hoses?

Nope. just bolt the riser on.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Well without any scientific data to back up what i say it would just be my opinion of the product.
Bwahahahahaha!!! This should help!

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:34 PM

Unhappy Comparison to stock & Twisted Throttle Riser???

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Well without any scientific data to back up what i say it would just be my opinion of the product. And you know what they say about opinions.
You just completed a 2000+ mile ride with the Twisted Throttle riser, and then you installed the Speedy Anti-Vibrations riser, and didn't notice any difference?

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 03:44 AM

Any news ? Is it worth the price ?
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by viral View Post

Yes well worth it. Heres a link to a review i did theres some videos after a couple of post.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=15685

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 11:11 AM

Unhappy Is it worth the price? NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viral View Post
Is it worth the price? No!
I was excited about this product and purchased it. I could not detect any reduction of vibration in the handlebars, but I did detect a lightening of my wallet. Different handgrips, heavier bar end weights, or aluminum handlebars can provide more vibration relief for less money. I changed my handlebars to a bar with higher rise and am very happy. This is my opinion from using Speedy's product, your results may vary. I can expand on my testing procedure if anyone is interested.

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well for me it was worth it as well as others here on this forum as well as the U.K. form. The above post is the first negative thing i've heard about Speedys Risers.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 09:45 PM

I didn't want to be the first to say negative things, and I'm actually kind of relieved that someone else had the same experience as I did.

I can't fault Speedy's delivery, because the riser arrived like two days after I ordered it. I really hoped it would help reduce vibration. It hasn't. It's a nice riser to help move the bars closer to you. But in my experience, it hasn't affected or reduced the vibration one bit.

I'll be putting the Speedy's riser up for sale here in the forum when I get my new Rox riser and ProTaper handlebar installed later this week.

Just my two pence.

========
steph moore
New Mexico, USA
2008 Versys (a/k/a Hellboy)
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:10 PM

Talking The Truth is Not Popular

I think that as more people try this product, anti-vibation riser, they will find that it is more hype than fact. It is a very subjective sensation that we are trying to quantify, and everybody has different expectations.
I had an open mind, hoped for the best result, but was very disappointed by this product.
I am glad that you stepped up to voice your experience with the anti-vibation riser.
You will probably be maligned for expressing your opinion, but at least you were truthful.

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 11:25 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear that the anti-vib riser didn’t meet your expectations. It appears that some guys are really happy and some are not. This is the nature of the beast if comes to vibrations. Different bikes vibrate in different way, so you might expect varying results. Either way, thank you for your feedback.
Speedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoore View Post
I didn't want to be the first to say negative things, and I'm actually kind of relieved that someone else had the same experience as I did.

I can't fault Speedy's delivery, because the riser arrived like two days after I ordered it. I really hoped it would help reduce vibration. It hasn't. It's a nice riser to help move the bars closer to you. But in my experience, it hasn't affected or reduced the vibration one bit.

I'll be putting the Speedy's riser up for sale here in the forum when I get my new Rox riser and ProTaper handlebar installed later this week.

Just my two pence.
I'm curious to know how the Rox 2" anti-vib riser and the ProTaper will work for you and if you will need to change all the cables and lines. My guess is that there is not enough slack in the stock lines and cables to install both. I understand that some guys already installed the 2" risers, but this is already stretching the limits.

Speedy
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 11:12 AM

No hard feelings, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez View Post

I'm curious to know how the Rox 2" anti-vib riser and the ProTaper will work for you and if you will need to change all the cables and lines. My guess is that there is not enough slack in the stock lines and cables to install both. I understand that some guys already installed the 2" risers, but this is already stretching the limits.

Speedy
I do want to thank you for your excellent customer service, Speedy. I wish we could get other companies to follow your example, because you are what other companies *should* be. Also, when I purchased my bike (from somebody on this forum), it came with the lowering link and the fatfoot sidestand, both of which have been invaluable to me. So I do thank you for those products as well.

I'm actually having a shop put the handlebars and risers on, precisely because of what you mentioned: I suspect I'll need new brake lines and a new clutch cable. Well, seems a perfect time to go over to stainless steel brake lines, right?

I will report on what results I get from the riser/bars change.

Thanks again, for everything you do.

========
steph moore
New Mexico, USA
2008 Versys (a/k/a Hellboy)
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 02:38 PM

Rox anti-vibe and pro taper

I have the ROX anti-vibe with protaper contours, raptor bend. I had to remove one of the cables from one of the frames clamps, otherwise everything fits fine. I think this setup helped a little with vibes, but I still haev a good buzz in the 4500 -5500 rpm range. I try to avoid running there ebcuase teh fingers will go numb and the mirrors are blurred.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode