Which 44 tooth rear sprocket to get? what about chain? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Where to Buy R.O.C Kimpex 44T

I've done some more reading, and I think I want to get the R.O.C. 44T since it's steel and it's suppose to be cheap, but I have no clue where I can get one. There is one dealer in mountain high area in so cal, which is pretty far from me. I may be forced to go rental at motosport.com? Anyone know of any online dealers that sell their stuff?

Below was my original questions:

I'm new to all this. I bought my Versys used and it has about 17k miles on it, so I'd imagine the sprockets will probably need to be replaced in the near future. So I'm gonna start preparing and buy the parts. I definitely want to go to a 44T sprocket, after reading the great results people have had here. I read a number of threads, with people buying different brands, there wasn't ONE common brand that I noticed, so I just wanted to get some opinions.

If the Versys is not listed as an option for "select your bike" which other ones work? The Ninja 650R?

Any help would be appreciated.

I guess I also would like to find out which chain to get, or should I just stick with a Kawi chain?

Last edited by lazybummm; 04-29-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 05:34 PM

I just changed mine to a Superlite 44T made by Drive Systems. It seems to be of good quality and was only about $42.00. I doubt you'll find anything much cheaper than that. The chain I don't know I only have 1400 kms so far.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

The superlite looks pretty cool, but it looks to me that there's not enough material, scares me a bit :P

I however did just find this thing, for $10.50!?

RMA Rear Steel Sprocket 44

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...&sizeAttr=1655

It works for the listed kawi bikes.

And, check this out, according to this website, all the kawis listed below are the same:

http://kurveygirl.com/shop/product_i...roducts_id=331

So the zx6r from 1998-02 are cross listed leading me to believe that this $10.50 sprocket works for the V, but do I dare to try it?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 08:02 PM

44t

the 44 t is the right sproket for me... is this really the place you want to try and save a couple of bucks...? get a good quality one then no worries just fun...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 09:25 PM

44T give better roll-on performance.

Gone DID for the chain. Good Luck.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode