Dunlop Sportmax Mutant? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dunlop Sportmax Mutant?

I recently purchased an English magazine called "Bike" (June 2010) off of Fee-Bay because it had a write up on the Versys. Inside the magazine was a Dunlop brochure. It had their line-up of the "Sportmax Range" of tires in it and included was a tire called Sportmax Mutant. I had never seen one or even heard of it. They look cool! From the brochure: "The Sportmax Mutant has been specifically developed for the challenging demands of supermoto street bike riders." To me, they look like a high performance sport touring radial tire with about 2X (maybe 3X) the grooves in the tread-way more streetbikeish than the Shinko's or even the Tourances. "Aggressive tread pattern allows high performance in all conditions, including on and off road." I especially liked this part: "Front and rear selected compounds offer durability and grip on wet or dry surfaces." English magazine...are they only available in Europe? I suspect they might be: "It's agressive tread pattern, lightweight casings and optimised profiles give an instant handling response, which has been commended by European magazines."

I want a set!!! Has anyone heard of them? Does anyone have them on their V? I did a search here (Sportmax Mutant) and got nothing. They come in only 3 sizes: F 120/70ZR 17, R 150/60ZR 17, and 160/ 60ZR 17. Perfect!

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
As you already figured out, Dunlop doesn't offer them in the US (it's been around for at least 4 years that I remember, maybe more). I don't recall anybody using them on a Versys in the UK forum, but reviews from other bikes seem to be consistent with the Distanzia SM tires - i.e. very good tires, but if you really use them, you won't get good mileage out of the rear. Would be a nice additional option, if they sold them at reasonable prices, unlike the Distanzia and MT60.

Gustavo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode