New Dualsport Foot Pegs for Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Dualsport Foot Pegs for Versys

They are by Adventure Designs and they are a pivoting footpeg. They will dent your wallet but they are getting great reviews from the offroad riders using them.

http://www.advdesigns.net/newwimk3hipe.html

Last edited by douglasgraham; 03-21-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:54 PM

I didn't see the Versys in their bike list.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron650 View Post
I didn't see the Versys in their bike list.
Very nice pegs.... It's there if you slide the bar down: "Kawasaki Versys 650".

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 07:14 PM

Wow that's a big dent.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrappieKiller View Post
Wow that's a big dent.
Yes it is, for stainless steel pivoting pegs... My offroad steel pegs cost $20 shipping included. I just had to drill them out to 15/32" (12 mm), file the sides thinner, and grind down the seating edge a bit. They are wider, but installed with a slight forward tilt, for easier rear brake and gear shift lever actuation:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=8629

Yamaha TW200 footpegs from Hong Kong: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Now on Speedy's footpeg lowering blocks, which fit perfectly with my offroad pegs.

Last edited by invader; 03-23-2011 at 10:43 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 10:25 PM

Yeah, yeah, but, eh... yours don't pivot! So there. That must be worth the $150.

I admit, the SS pegs look like great pegs, but a bit too much money for me at $169. I would probably go your $20 route if I felt I needed offroad pegs.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Nice but a big big dent in the pocket, will go Invaders way if need be.

Thanks for sharing.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretbek View Post
Yeah, yeah, but, eh... yours don't pivot! So there. That must be worth the $150.

I admit, the SS pegs look like great pegs, but a bit too much money for me at $169. I would probably go your $20 route if I felt I needed offroad pegs.
What some don't realize, is that the 'toothed' footpegs allow your feet to stay on them when wet, unlike rubber covered 'pegs, so they're NOT only for the dirt.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 02:06 PM

I just bit on the $20 ebay steel pegs. I'll report back once I receive and install them onto the Motowerk peg lowering kit.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
What some don't realize, is that the 'toothed' footpegs allow your feet to stay on them when wet, unlike rubber covered 'pegs, so they're NOT only for the dirt.
So true. That rubber when wet is like trying to stand on ice but 169.00 is way over priced. They are however the first DS style pegs Ive seen on the market made for the V. Like others have said $20 bucks and some drilling will get you there and Im not sold on the pivet aspect. With that said I had my bike all ready to go to Alaska and the pegs was the last thing I was going to change out. Well I hit a deer yesterday and tore the ass out of it and me too. The right side peg broke off as it dug in and flipped. So now instead of fine tuning for my trip I have to rebuild a bunch of stuff. CRAP.

Last edited by douglasgraham; 03-23-2011 at 04:34 PM.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasgraham View Post
So true. That rubber when wet is like trying to stand on ice but 169.00 is way over priced. They are however the first DS style pegs Ive seen on the market made for the V. Like others have said $20 bucks and some drilling will get you there and Im not sold on the pivet aspect. With that said I had my bike all ready to go to Alaska and the pegs was the last thing I was going to change out. Well I hit a deer yesterday and tore the ass out of it and me too. The right side peg broke off as it dug in and flipped. So now instead of fine tuning for my trip I have to rebuild a bunch of stuff. CRAP.

OH NO!!!!!

Are you hurt!??

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 05:13 PM

Deer are my biggest fear here in central NC. I hate riding blind corners at night. Hope you are OK, Douglas!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Im fine All I can say is aerostich saved me from getting really F___ed up and the helmet saved my life. I landed on my back smacking my head hard enough that I still have a headach as I write and my shoulder and hip feel like well a 50 year old man after a highside. I have to go back in tomorrow and get the hip checked again. The more time goes by the more things hurt. You know the adrenalin is just wearing of now. I just dont want to miss this trip.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 10:49 PM

Glad you are ok. After hitting my third forest rat last summer I became a little hesitant to ride after dark. As our riding season is just revving up I am hoping that, that has changed back to normal.

When are you leaving for Ak.?

Ride em if ya got em!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Well agreed night is really bad. Its bad for more reasons then deer but in Northern VA and the Shenandoah Vally the herd is huge. Loudoun county where I hit my "forest rat" is the 2nd largest legal deer kill county in the state. That number has been as high as 8500 in a single season. Anyway this is after season and the was no storm fronts moving through so you would think this would be a low percentage kind of day! it was in broad daylight! She came out of no where and dove into the right handle bar. Like I said...CRAP. Reminds me about 4 years ago not 10 miles from where I crashed a wowen was killed when a deer came through her wind shield and it to was mid morning on a sunny day off rutting season. I guess when its your day its your day just glad to be here writing about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0598.jpg (307.3 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0599.jpg (362.0 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0603.jpg (346.6 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by douglasgraham; 03-23-2011 at 11:12 PM.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 01:34 PM

Dude, you jacked your own thread!
Glad you're alright and that your good gear saved you from something worse than aches and pains.
Hopefully you can fund some Pivot Pegz in your rebuild with a generous check from the insurance co. with the recovery for you and the bike.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Doug,
From your pics, I'd say that you won't have TOO much work getting it serviceable for AK. Might not be pretty, but serviceable!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Yea its all the little stuff that I have to go back over. The rack for the panniers is bent the right side peg broken off, handle bar is suspect so I'll replace. I pulled the tank last night too check the head tube, bike is well built more then I can say for me Im really stoved up and stayed home from work today....something I never do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode