Arrow Dark retailer? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arrow Dark retailer?

Anyone know a decent retailer for the Arrow Dark? (Not including the one on ebay for 350 Euro)

Don't see much sense in buying the silver one, just to paint it and remove the badge.

Thanks

EDIT:
Nevermind! Found it.
http://http://www.pipecity.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/Search/A650BLK/ProductID/478416

Last edited by Wladziu; 03-19-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 12:02 PM

Thanks for finding this!! I was looking for the exact same thing last night, but couldn't find it. Did you see the short write up in MotorCyclist "Doin' Time" as well on the '10 Black Versys ? The guy said it's a nice addition with the insert out.

Also, have you heard of any state inspection problems with installing an aftermarket pipe? I know each state varies, but there's one shop here in NH that has a sign out front that states "aftermarket pipes = instant failure"... which I think is ridiculous!

Phil
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

It's to cut down on annoyance from squids and Harley RUBs, Phil.

Anyone know a coupon code, before I pull the trigger?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wladziu View Post
It's to cut down on annoyance from squids and Harley RUBs, Phil.

Anyone know a coupon code, before I pull the trigger?
Did you end up ordering the pipe ? If so, when you install it, let us know your thoughts!

Phil
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 02:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Anyone know a decent retailer for the Arrow Dark? (Not including the one on ebay for 350 Euro)

Don't see much sense in buying the silver one, just to paint it and remove the badge.

Thanks

EDIT:
Nevermind! Found it.
http://http://www.pipecity.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/Search/A650BLK/ProductID/478416
I was goin to post that link. They are who i bought mine from last year. Ordered the Slip-on and received the full system even

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillius33 View Post
Did you end up ordering the pipe ? If so, when you install it, let us know your thoughts!

Phil
I have the dark arrow on my V, and love it. There is not really any difference in the performance of the pipes as slip-ons, and I didn't feel like getting a fuel controller as well. I went with the Arrow because it looks great, sounds way better than stock with out being obnoxious, and the price was right. I paid $250 middle of last summer.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 02:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillius33 View Post
Also, have you heard of any state inspection problems with installing an aftermarket pipe? I know each state varies, but there's one shop here in NH that has a sign out front that states "aftermarket pipes = instant failure"... which I think is ridiculous!

Phil
You do realize that most states do not allow you to modify the exhaust at all right? So by law you add the pipe you should fail. State regs. list what DB's are allowed by a exhaust and almost every pipe exceeds these #'s. When you buy a pipe it says on it that is for "Off-road Use Only".

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
You do realize that most states do not allow you to modify the exhaust at all right? So by law you add the pipe you should fail. State regs. list what DB's are allowed by a exhaust and almost every pipe exceeds these #'s. When you buy a pipe it says on it that is for "Off-road Use Only".
Yeah, I figured that was case in most states.. just seems crazy to me. I get tired of all these regulations sometimes, which I believe can go too far quickly.

Phil
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Ok, back to me...

How long did the shipping take?

Trying to figure out a good use for the stocker. Thinking of smelting the titanium out of it.
http://mackys.livejournal.com/707702.html
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 09:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Ok, back to me...

How long did the shipping take?

Trying to figure out a good use for the stocker. Thinking of smelting the titanium out of it.
http://mackys.livejournal.com/707702.html
It arrived in less than a week when I ordered. As far as the stocker. I saved mine, in case I ever move to a place that will not inspect a non-stock exhaust. I can swap it out in 20 minutes if needed.

08' Versys
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Maybe in the meantime, I'll order a smaller rear sprocket so it doesn't rub my Touances.
Heard the clearance is only a millimeter or two, even with stock tires.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 12:23 PM

I ordered mine from www.Indysuperbikes.com and received it in 3 days. As far as the clearance issue, I had no problem. I had about a half inch clearance. I am switching to a 44T sprocket soon so the spacing will be even greater.

Last edited by the borg; 03-26-2011 at 12:26 PM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 09:12 PM

I have an Arrow Dark with insert ... Brand new in the box ... $ 230 + S/H

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode