2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I am from Australia with a 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, I have just installed all new indicators which were bought online from overseas.
But for some reason the left or right indicators aren't flashing when I indicate to the left or right, all the indicators just turn on and stay on.

Anyone know what might have happened? and how i can fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 04:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Did you get LED lamps instead of incadescent like the originals?

LED brake/tail lamps will not flash with thermal flasher units due to their extremely low current draw. Also, with stock flasher units, the turn signals may flash faster than normal (Hyper-Flash). These installations will require an electronic flasher unit. Often, HEAVY DUTY flasher relays will also work with LED bulbs. Try to find flashers designed to work with LED bulbs, they will say "LED Compatible".
Another fix is the installation of Load Resistors which are wired across (in parallel with) the turn signal bulbs to simulate the load of a standard filament bulb.

Scroll down for Electronic LED Flashers, and Load Resistor Kits: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...html%23flasher

Motorcycle electronic flasher # LF1-S-FLAT ($8.95) could be installed by cutting off connector and splicing wires. Stock flasher relay is up on the left of headlight, under fairing.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...=/flashers.htm

Last edited by invader; 03-02-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode