ARROW DARK slip-ons $219 + $10 S/H - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ARROW DARK slip-ons $219 + $10 S/H

Heads up ... This is a very LOW price ... Pay within 8 hours and get $8 bonus bucks from eBay too ...

Two left because I bought one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWAS...item1c19b058fc

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 12:55 PM

That's a sweet deal. If i didn't already have one...

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 04:10 PM

Been watching these for a while and the price is right ( and realistic, in my mind ). Only one left now.

Toys : 2009 Versys ( Blue ), 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Needs : 2016 Mazda CX-5 ( RIP Mazda5 ), 2007 Honda Civic

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 08:57 PM

All gone...thanks

Now.. how to tell the wife
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwc29 View Post
All gone...thanks

take her shopping and spend about the same amount on her. she's like oh honey your so sweet. then when the pipe shows up it might be hard for her to be too cross with you.

I bought my versys 2 months before getting permission. Living between 2 different states and a third place out of the country has a big advantage in these situtations.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

25 years ago.... I had this elder-ish hunting buddy who really showed me the ropes. I mean this guy was a GURU. I asked him one time about a spat I was having with my girlfriend at the time... Ya know, "what to do or say"?

He stops walking in this ravine we were in, looks me in the face, Browning over his shoulder and says, "well kid, she'll either get over it or die with a grudge -- It only hurts 'til the pain goes away."

I will never forget those words... So when all methods fail .... revert to the above

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 01:23 PM

The wife typically doesn't enjoy the man-from-brown visits ( especially in the Spring, my problem time of the year ) but I figured this one this way : The only problem I have with this bike is the sound of the motor and spending a little over $200 for a chance to improve that is better than getting another ( add-on, not a replace ) v-twin bike for better sound is a tad more expensive than that.

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 02:21 PM

I recently installed this very slip on (I ordered it from Pipe City, however). While at first I was riding without the baffle, I have since put it back in. Nevertheless, I'm in love with the new sound. My bike now sounds more like a "bike" rather than a sewing machine.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwc29 View Post
All gone...thanks

It is for your safety. Ya know how loud pipes save lives don't ya.

If she loves you she will want you to be safe.

1974 Kawasaki F11
2004 Yamaha WR450 plated
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

I got my exhaust today ... That was friggin' FAST !

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:58 PM

Mine shows just leaving Ontario, CA ( United States ), did we suck in Canada??

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

DOH ! --- Ya win some - ya lose some

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 12:15 AM

They are listed again. I'm guessing they have a bunch and just list a few at a time. I saw in the newest issue of Motorcyclist they put this slip-on on their longterm Versys. They had the price listed at $279, so this is a pretty good deal.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

I will say, that the shipper name is actually "ARROW EXHAUST USA"

Out of Henderson, NV

Maybe he's an Official USA distributor. Typically these Distributors are few when it comes to imported motorcycle parts.

Mine was is a factory sealed box with arrow official tape ... Comes with a very nice quiet core that is held in with a big snap ring. The tip of the end cap is laser welded, and the unit is of very high quality... ain't no cheap junk.

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 10:32 PM

Well, I just ordered one too, and I ordered a 44 tooth superlite rear sprocket and I am going to pick up the Kawi MRA Vario windscreen (2010).....oh, and I ordered a Tourmaster heated vest and gloves so that I can start riding as soon as the roads are clear. I want spring to be here NOW!!!

Motorcycles, can't live without them!
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13motoman View Post
Well, I just ordered one too, and I ordered a 44 tooth superlite rear sprocket and I am going to pick up the Kawi MRA Vario windscreen (2010).....oh, and I ordered a Tourmaster heated vest and gloves so that I can start riding as soon as the roads are clear. I want spring to be here NOW!!!
where are you getting the vario kawi shield? and is it the old style or new style? I am looking at the old style, but can't find one

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertv View Post
where are you getting the vario kawi shield? and is it the old style or new style? I am looking at the old style, but can't find one
It is the new style?? (unless there is one I haven't seen yet) for the 2010-11 with the adjustable lip on the top. I plan on ordering it at my favorite dealers open house the beginning of April. 20% off parts and accesories that day so I will wait until then.

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13motoman View Post
It is the new style?? (unless there is one I haven't seen yet) for the 2010-11 with the adjustable lip on the top. I plan on ordering it at my favorite dealers open house the beginning of April. 20% off parts and accesories that day so I will wait until then.
It will be the one that has sharp angles along the sides ... The new one is the straight cut main shield ... They both have the lip on top

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertv View Post
It will be the one that has sharp angles along the sides ... The new one is the straight cut main shield ... They both have the lip on top
Went on Twisted Throttle today and saw what you are talking about. Wasn't aware that one came out but I think I like that style better. Looks wider at the bottom. Think I am going to try and get that one.

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 08:53 AM

Got mine yesterday, a delay in shipping due to SNOW. It looks really nice but I won't a chance to fit ( or use ) it until we loose the 3 feet of snow we got over the weekend

A fuzzy picture but it looks really nice, just hope it improves the sound as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0019.jpg (422.2 KB, 152 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode