Special thank yous... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Special thank yous...

I spend alot of time on here and I try to pick as many brains as I can. I must say a whole bunch of thanks to the folks on this board for helping to create the perfect Versys for me...thanks to skizzo81 for the air box mod, removing the subs, and the custom map, I cant believe how good this bike runs now dude...thank you to LoneRanger for adapting skizzo's map to pcIII format, it works awesomely just like you said... and thank you to Invader for the advice on setting the TPS properly, that worked amazingly and the bike runs so clean now. I took her for a good test run once I got her all back together (FedEx man finally brought my BMC filter today) and she absolutely rips!!!

I actually scared myself while chasing a GSXR 600. We were at a stop light and I was behind him, the light turned green and we took off onto an on ramp as i shifted into second I pinned it and the front end launched upwards!!! I had to chop the throttle for a split second to get back on it and I stayed with gixxer boy up until about 100mph where he kinda backed off and so did I. I am so very happy with this combo of mods I can't tell you...I will post pics along with a full list of mods I've done after dinner. Thanks again guys, this forum is so awesome!

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 04:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Right on, Antman325... So setting the TPS up to max voltage output spec or a bit beyond is beneficial even with PCIII's fuel corrections? Cranking the TPS up (I found it to be at just under minimum spec range) does give it as much extra fuel and ignition timing advance as it would at a slightly larger low to mid+ throttle opening when at low to mid rpm's.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Right on, Antman325... So setting the TPS up to max voltage output spec or a bit beyond is beneficial even with PCIII's fuel corrections? Cranking the TPS up (I found it to be at just under minimum spec range) does give it as much extra fuel and ignition timing advance as it would at a slightly larger low to mid+ throttle opening when at low to mid rpm's.
Yes tps adjustment works with the pcIII map I'm using anyway. Not sure of the voltage out put, I guess I need to check that. I just made it look like the pics on the forum...rotated counter clockwise 1mm to where the mark is still touching but not lined up. Bike now literally runs perfect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode