Check This Monster Exhaust Out - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Check This Monster Exhaust Out

I really have not heard an exhaust that impressed me so far for the Versys . Some sound .... UH ..... OK , but mostly like a stock exhaust with a slight pitch change and or the volume turned up a little .
NOW , check this monster sounding MTC Exhaust out . I want one of the babies in a bad way . LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdX8m7azIU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 02:32 AM

The sound in that video clip is horrible. There's no way it sounds anywhere close to that in person. The exhaust was blowing on the camera's mic at the end of the video.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

STILL SOUNDS GOOD .!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Well , I do have quite the discernable ear for audio and understand the fact that is not an exact tone . Although , I did like the sound of the can and how open it sounds .
Maybe you have an audio file in your collection of truer rendition of the MTC can for those who don't understand nor have the ability to recognize some sudio distortion .
Although bearing in mind I would disagree 100% with you regarding the exhaust blowing directly on the mic . Looking at the angle o fthe exhust versus the camera angle , it would have to do a magic trick to make and agle like that to hit the mic .
Now , I would agree that the electrit power mike was being ( as you put it with your expert A/V degree terms) , HORRIBLY overdriven . That I would agree with . But I still like the sound of the can although typically I like " QUIET " motorcycles .

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Let me add . It still sounds and looks BETTER than ANY other can I have heard . IMHO of course . Not excluding the can you repackage and sell . What is that thing , a " Tractor Supply Company " (tm) Garden tiller exhaust . Sort of looks like a small tractor can I saw at one of the Ag supply houses .
Although , I must say ferevently , the stock can is the best can for the job I need done . LOL

Last edited by PO-SLOKE; 09-08-2008 at 06:52 AM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 01:54 PM

Not my cup of tea, but to each his own.

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Not my cup of tea, but to each his own.

Hooligan ,

Not my cup of tea either if the truth be told . I like mine quiet . I really like the way the stocker sounds in all reality . I was just having a silly moment when I saw that . It made me think how funny it would be tp pull up to a group o fparked HD dudes and rumble that noisey monster at them just one time . Then my fun would be over and I would want my quiet back .
I really have not heard any aftermarket I personally thought had a sound to suit me . Some talk about power gain with aftermarkets but .........
I have looked at some Dyno results on the V that some guys did on their bikes after a new can . Not even noticeable power improvement . I also saw Dyno charts on same said bike after new can , then Power Commander installation . UH.......UH...... How much did they say they spent for a mere 1.75 gain in HP ? I think I am gonna run my V as it is .
But one has to remember , I am a pretty mild rider , performance mods really arent worth the money for my style riding . A nice sounding can would be nice , but I would be tired of it really quick .
I did put a higher performance can on my KLR , but a KLR needs some help for power gain. Still though , I am tired of the noise and really don't gas on it all that hard anyway .
I think I did a wheelie one time in my life on a bike and that was accidental . LOL . I like my tires to much to do burn outs and rarely pass another vehicle . Mostly if they are going rediculously slow . Although , I really do enjoy blowing past a HD once in a while . I get sick of following all their racket . LOL

Hey , most want to be the fastest on the road . ME ...... I compete only at the dinner table . LOL . For real though , I am a pretty casual rider over all . I just really enjoy bumping about and taking it all in as I go . However , I do admire the guys who can really handle a bike at speed and enjoy watching real skill at work . My skill ...... UH.....UH.....Just being a good neighbor is prolly it .. LOL

Hec , I ride most of the time with a guy that is a 5 time national drag bike champion . That dude can make a friggin pogo stick hual butt . He blast me off the road everytime we ride together . But you know what . I always come rolling in to the Diner just as they get seated at a table anyway . They know to tell the waitress I drink unsweet tea . LOL

Last edited by PO-SLOKE; 09-08-2008 at 02:17 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 07:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to versysred Send a message via Yahoo to versysred
I dont like it myself. Never did like the ridiculously loud pipes of o lets say a HD. Drives me nuts so why would I want to become one.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by versysred View Post
I dont like it myself. Never did like the ridiculously loud pipes of o lets say a HD. Drives me nuts so why would I want to become one.

+1
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 08:11 PM

+1 +1

Last edited by totomojo; 09-11-2008 at 08:13 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Plus One

Quote:
Originally Posted by totomojo View Post
+1 +1
I thought maybe someone woudl go " HUH "?

+1 means just that in forum short hand . As to say add me to that list , plus one , I'm in , me too , etc... etc... Sort of like ROFL means " roll on floor laugh " or TTYL means , " talk to you later . You know , forum shorthand . LOL

So .... If I go , " +1 " , it means I am with you . And if I go , " +1 ? " , it is asking you if you are with me , or are you in .

Savvy ? , " +1 ? "
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 04:31 PM

I've had loud bikes, I've had quiet bikes. Had far less tickets on the quiet ones.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 05:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
I am closing in on the 10000 mile mark and I love the growl my bike has developed when I shower down on it. I also love the way I can sneak up the road with only a wisper. I think I will be Leaving this bike as is. As far as the exhaust goes anyway.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmuch View Post
I think I will be Leaving this bike as is. As far as the exhaust goes anyway.
+1

I've had aftermarket exhausts on my last two bikes, but I just don't see the point on the Versys. It's just right for me in sound, looks and performance.

If there were a way to reroute the whole thing to improve ground clearance, then we might have to talk.

Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650

>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode