Versys Suspension Lowering Link - HELP PLEASE! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys Suspension Lowering Link - HELP PLEASE!

Hey everybody. I'm at my friends' house who just recently got her '08 Versys. We're attempting to lower it 2 inches with the suspension lowering block that i also have on mine. I got mine from Bill (Watman) and don;t know the brand. It is silver and very rounded. She got hers from Kelly's Kawasaki and it is made by Street Bikes Unlimited. It says it's for a Ninja 650. It looks similar but it's black and more squared off.

It doesn't fit! The parts people at Kelly's charged my friend $140 and it doesn't fit! The back side of the block is squared off. It runs into the frame of the bike, which is rounded, where the shock was bolted in. This small incompatibility makes the holes be misaligned by about a centimeter.

We're getting the grinder now to fix it, but has anyone had experience with this brand or this particular block? It seems like for $140 it should fit easily!

Any help would be appreciated!

--Megan

LittleRider

"Ad augusta per angusta" ... "To great places by way of narrow roads"

"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered" -- G.K. Chesterson

Check out my personal blog at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 11:30 PM

Heres is what you need http://motowerk.com/Versys.aspx
Take the our block back it's not the right one. Hope it helps Ride safe
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 05:37 PM

The two bikes have different swing arms.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Yes, you are both correct. As it turned out, Kelly's Kawasaki had their heads up their a**es and gave her the wrong lowering link, which of course took over a week to get in! I hate that stuff! Just do your job right the first time, right?!?

We decided to try and make it work. The spacing was all the same but the shape was just different enough that it didn't quite line up. As it sits in the bike, the rear corner of the lower side of the block was squared. The swing arm pocket that it sits in was rounded so the hole for the bolt would not line up. We used an angle grinder to round off the back end of the block itself. It worked and now it fits perfectly and accomplishes the job it was intended to do.

For $140 we shouldn't have had that problem though. I wish she'd have ordered Speedy's to begin with! It looks better anyway!

LittleRider

"Ad augusta per angusta" ... "To great places by way of narrow roads"

"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered" -- G.K. Chesterson

Check out my personal blog at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode