shorter mirrors - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
shorter mirrors

Has anyone come across a vendor for short mirrors? Just looking for something that does not stick up as high. No thanks for bar end mirrors in case any one was going to suggest that.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 05:01 AM

I have a set of these. Brand new, still in the box.

Will let them go for $30 shipped CONUS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Integ...-/140412031176

Jsquared

Rider of all things 2 wheeled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquared View Post
I have a set of these. Brand new, still in the box.

Will let them go for $30 shipped CONUS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Integ...-/140412031176
Jsquared,

Selling them? Did you decide not to use them on your Versys?

Also noticed on your ride map that you haven't been to Maine. During the summer it offers great riding opportunities. Lots of two lane roads with little traffic and spectacular scenery. The only roads that become cluttered with traffic are those along the coast but the "other" maine (inland) is great for riding to nowhere in particular just for the enjoyment of the trip.

In fact, if anyone finds themselves in the Moosehead Lake region between May and September, let us know and we'll show you the local sights.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 03:32 PM

Arion, I am selling them because I bought the Emgo mirrors at the same time, and liked the Emgo's better. I like the looks of these mirrors, and the signals, but just decided to go the other route.

I'd love to make it up to Maine as I have a friend that hails from that great state. He has told me enough about it to put it on the list. Maybe when I get back from Egypt, I will make a trip up the coast. Won't be for another 18 months or so.

I'll be sure to hit you up when I'm in the area...

Jsquared

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquared View Post
Arion, I am selling them because I bought the Emgo mirrors at the same time, and liked the Emgo's better.

Are the emgo's shorter? If so which model did you get and to you have any pictures you could share? Thanks.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 07:01 PM

Swimmer,

The ebay mirrors are shorter. I don't have any pics of the Emgo's on mine, but if you do a search on this site, I'm sure there are quite a few you can get a look at. I believe there are also some members here with the ebay mirrors as get a look at too.

These are the Emgo's
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=

J

Jsquared

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I may give the emgo's a try.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 03:24 AM

Agreed the 2011V mirrors is a tad tall (especially now with the motowerk extender)

Looking at

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Quality...item2c5fcda1d3

or http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150684956452

or will bend down them mirror, cheaper....

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 AM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Excel...a154fa4b9#shId

Confirmed with seller, fits the V. See the pics for dimensions. Thanks.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
How tall are stock mirrors again? These made in Japan look pretty interesting for $24 plus shipping. 6.5" total height with 6.25" x 3.50" 'diamond' shaped mirror on cast metal stem.

"The mirrors come with two 10mm metric threads, two washers, and two small rubber covers which conceal the threads... The threads on these mirrors screw into the handlebars. They tighten from the top using an allen wrench."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-Mo...item2c5fc8301a

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 07:56 AM

Hi Invader,

for the mirrors. It's at good price plus shipping here.

However after had tried Koso mirror which has a similar mirror connection, I found that the Koso vibrates too much at speeds. I feel the direct built-in holders to be better and steady. However this is made in Japan, might be great.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=5773

What I mean by mirrors are too high....

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
The mirrors I show are not like the small flimsy plastic KOSO's which are know to vibrate. The mirror is larger, and the stem is cast metal (aluminum?) with a sturdier mount... I'll probably try a set.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
How tall are stock mirrors again? These made in Japan look pretty interesting for $24 plus shipping. 6.5" total height with 6.25" x 3.50" 'diamond' shaped mirror on cast metal stem.

"The mirrors come with two 10mm metric threads, two washers, and two small rubber covers which conceal the threads... The threads on these mirrors screw into the handlebars. They tighten from the top using an allen wrench."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-Mo...item2c5fc8301a

I bought a pair of these for a spare at that price why not. Put them on the bike and went around the block.No complaints

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 08:20 PM

Guys.

But have bought the ones from UK. Prefer that design with would also allow some bending to match.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 08:54 AM

I say this every time the subject of mirrors comes up. Try KTM Duke items. Short 'n' stubby ish, not expensive and provide a great view behind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode