Scotoiler - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Scotoiler

Has anyone fitted a Scotoiler to a Versys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ight=scotoiler

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Scotoiler is the most common oiler used for bikes. Very reliable and cheap on maintenance.

Using Acumen Automatic chain oiler but the refill is a bit costly.

If you want chain oiler, go for scotoiler and go for the basis version.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for reply.Have you fitted one ?If so ,where do you connect the vacuum pipe into fuel injector?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

If you have the scottoiler that works on Vacuum then you fit the the vacuum hose to one of the two vacuum outlet.

These are covered/closed with a small rubber cap and you have to remove the little rubber cap.

http://www.scottoiler.com/component/...task,cat_view/

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 09:05 PM

Using the basic scottoiler. Vacuum is connected to the air sensor rubber hose with a Y plastic tube. Works well and easy to maintain.
The throttle bodies are connected by a 6 inch rubber hose at their vacuum ports.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all info and photos,they have been very helpful.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 09:41 AM

Oil dispenser location:
http://www.scottoiler.com/uk/technic...dispenser.html

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 10:34 AM

If you haven't purchased yet you may want to consider the pro-oiler. When you compare the capabilities of each unit it's the best chain oiler on the market. Not the cheapest or the easiest to install but as far as functions its the best. Mine is on my 3rd motorcycle. 40k+ miles and zero issues.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 10:58 AM

I have a basic Scott Oiler on my bike, I am very satisfied with it, one of the best investments I have made on bike accessories.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 05:06 PM

I also use the basic scottoiler, and it works fine enough. I also use the original oil for it, since it's less than 1% of the gasoline cost, so I don't mess around with chainsaw oil and what not.

2008 Kawasaki Versys
1994 Honda NTV 650
1999 Suzuki AN125
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 09:50 PM

A note on the vacuum version of Scott Oiler. A friend of mine had his Fuel Consumption increased drastically after the oiler installation. I am not sure how it was hooked up originally but he had to re-hose the vacuum connections to get the bike to run fine again. Nothing wrong with the oiler, just how it was hooked up.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 PM

Looking from the left side of the bike,there will be 3 air inlets on the 2 throttle bodies.
the right throttle body has 1 (has a rubber cap) and the left 2 air inlets (1 rubber cap and 1 rubber hose connected to air pressure sensor).

Had connected both the throttle bodies with a short U rubber hose.
The scottoiler vacuum probe is Y connected to the air pressure tube.

Had no problem for 40K with normal fuel cons. Thanks.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode